Need help getting my master judge

Buckscent

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I’m Well past my 30 comps but need to find a pro team to cook with. I’m willing to go anywhere in AL,TN,GA MS. Thanks

I’m Well past my 30 comps but need to find a pro team to cook with. I’m willing to go anywhere in AL,TN,GA MS. Thanks

Earlier this year, KCBS called out for teams willing to host judges seeking their master certification. We were one of those teams. Call or email the KCBS office, they should have a list of teams in your area.

Phillip

Earlier this year, KCBS called out for teams willing to host judges seeking their master certification. We were one of those teams. Call or email the KCBS office, they should have a list of teams in your area.

Phillip

And if there are other regional BBQ organizations you should check with them too. In my neck of the woods, the RMBBQA (Rocky Mountain BBQ Association) helps connect teams willing to allow judges to volunteer to cook with them, to judges aspiring to become a master judge.

Phillip

If you are talking maste judge in KCBS, yes there is a list. I looked over it the last competition I was at.

Frankly...

If you haven't interacted with enough teams after 30 contests to know a team that you can cook with maybe you're not ready to be a Master CBJ.

Just my opinion (MCBJ since 2006)....

Quote: Originally Posted by billygbob View Post If you haven't interacted with enough teams after 30 contests to know a team that you can cook with maybe you're not ready to be a Master CBJ. Just my opinion (MCBJ since 2006).... A bit harsh said:
Definitely harsh and uncalled for. We are here to help one another not bash them

No it’s all good. But as a judge I get there well before our check in time but we are not allowed to talk to any teams and of course I walk around after and cooks are to busy cleaning up to talk. And to be honest the teams I have tried to talk to and get in with where let’s just say, not to friendly.

Back