Sunday Afternoon Brisket & Fatty Pron

Trucky1008

is Blowin Smoke!
It's been a while since I did a brisky and I was itching to give Plowboys Beef Rub a try, so I got me a 13.5 lb full packer from Sam's. Put that bad boy on the smoker last night and it came off about 2:00 this afternoon (16 hrs). I normally cook fat side up, but this time went fat down and it seemed to make a difference. While my brisket was catching some zzzzzz's I made my first fatties and put them in the smoker. It made for a wonderful Sunday afternoon meal.

Here's the packer getting a good dusting of Plowboy's Beef Rub.
2917088614_d2d6e91b3e_o.jpg

After a 2 hour rest, ready for carving.
2917088820_170a4c9490_o.jpg

Here's a few slices. This was my best brisket so far!
2917193694_96c8790153_o.jpg

JD Maple, stuffed with onion, red bell pepper, japs and provalone cheese, wrapped in bacon.
2916347893_3957402c02_o.jpg

My first fatties were a success!
2917088528_b913aea4ca_o.jpg

man that looks great nice brisket!! Did you inject that brisket?

Thanks 4 posting the pron!!

Brisket looks great, though I must make the first statement recognizing the fact that you sure do know how to roll a tight Fatty.:biggrin:

you sure do know how to roll a tight Fatty.:biggrin:

That's for damn sure! I wasn't sure how much to pound it out in the first place, then I think I stuffed too much in them. Look how different in size they both are, even though they contain the same stuff! You'd think after working 4 years in the drug squad I'd be better at rolling things.....:cool:

While everyone else is drooling over the brisket I'm diggin on the fattie. You had me at bacon.

Welp, that's it! Thanks to this post I have decided to cook a brisket this Thursday. I just hope my comes out half as good as your looks!

Welp, that's it! Thanks to this post I have decided to cook a brisket this Thursday. I just hope my comes out half as good as your looks!

I appreciate the comment. As I mentioned in my original post what seemed to make the difference for me was cooking fat side down and foiling about 2/3's through the cook. Good luck and be sure to share your results.

Back