CL Help, selling a BGE

T

The Anchorman

I have this guy in Hartford CT wanting to buy a BGE.
Offered him my Large BGE and Small BGE with custom table for $650, plus gas $$ for delivery.
He wants it, should I sell? Originally I paid $195 for the lot.
I will never get another BGE for that money, but I do need the $$ for something else.
What is a farker to do???

Last edited by a moderator:
If you offered it at that price are you not already committed to sell?

Well, unless there was a contract signed, Nobody is obligated to do anything. While you will never find another Egg for that money, if you "need" the money for something else I would sell. I buy and sell things all the time, some I make money on, and others i usually break even on. Think of it this way, you paid $200, sold for 650, that's a $450 profit. Surely you can find a used Egg for that price, and pay for what you need in the mean time. Just my two cents,

Chris

You offered it.

He accepted your offer.

You should sell it.

Wow... times have changed. Whatever happened to a man's word is his bond?

Wow... times have changed. Whatever happened to a man's word is his bond?

Hasn't anybody ever seen something on CL or a yard/tag sale and then changed their mind and just walked away from the deal???

Come on now this is just Craigs List/ today's yard sale. It is not like I am a used car dealership here.

I understand both sides of this "word" conversation. I tend to hold mine whenever spoken, but in this case. I wouldnt hold fault to you if you change your mind, tell him that if you have.

Hell, my boss told me he was going to give me a raise and its been 2 years later, no raise and when I spoke about it he denied it.

I still work there. If I ever break word, I speak the reason to the person.

My thoughts, keep them. BGE's for that price is practically free. I would cut back certain expenses that could be considered "unnecessary". Save the money that can be saved. But if this money is needed, do what what you have to do.

what were you thinking offering them for sale anyway! *slap* :biggrin:

Stand by your word. Karma will have a nasty way of biting you in the arse later. Just my .02.

Here is the last email to the CL person

Re: big green egg‏
Sent: Sat 10/11/08 1:56 PM
To: Ray Depot ()

I understand, let me know I have cash in my pocket if you want to do the deal.

----- Original Message -----
To: Building Owner
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:26 PM
Subject: RE: big green egg

I don't know now, might just want to keep the eggs...

It is a tough decision to make to sell them.

As long as your no an a$$ about it, don't worry about karma or whatnot. People jump the gun all the time then rethink it and change their minds. It happens people change their minds. Go with what you feel. I'm sure if you keep them and let the guy know how you feel about it, he'll be fine and keep looking. Maybe even point him to an Eggfest for a demo with a warranty.

Back