First Time Pastrami and Rib eyes

wlh3

is Blowin Smoke!
Corned beef soaked for two days to remove salt, Then seasoned pretty close to Third eyes recipie on his web site. cooked to 165* internal then wraped for 1.5 hrs:cool:

Rib eyes on the Smokey Joe,fresh asperags SP with fresh Garlic cloves an EVOO, seared but crisp to the bite and No Knead Bread w/ sesame seeds and a green salad.

The dinner was a treat and can't wait for tuesday to try the Pastrami:cool::icon_bigsmil

Attachments

• 100_0591.JPG
    100_0591.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_0593.JPG
    100_0593.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_0588.JPG
    100_0588.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 191
Of course you will let use know how the pastrami is. I just started making it and I read take it to 195ish....mine is good but if yours comes out well also i may pull on early and try it. the last 30deg take for ever.

Of course you will let use know how the pastrami is. I just started making it and I read take it to 195ish....mine is good but if yours comes out well also i may pull on early and try it. the last 30deg take for ever.

Don't Know why but my plateau was from 140 to 150* @ farking 2 Hrs to get there. Side temp was 230* lid temp was 275 * Was cooking on the top rack on th UDS. This bugger was only 3.2 LBS. 8 Hrs total :icon_bigsmil

How in the sam blazing H do you not at least sample the pastrami when it's sitting there on the counter!!!

Looks good but I would have to sample as well. That's most the fun. By the time I finish a cook, I'm full up and have to wait until the next day to eat. I sample everything, perfectionist Mod.

My no knead bread today was a complete failure. Yours has inspired me to try again.

Made this bread 5 x's now. 3 of the 5 about 20% of the dough stuck to the towel. I baked them any way and they still came out great. This time I floured the chit out of it and used corn meal and left on the counter top. This time the transort to the DO was very easy. Keep trying it is worth it!

How in the sam blazing H do you not at least sample the pastrami when it's sitting there on the counter!!!

If the darn thig would have been done before dinner, I would have cut a piece off. but I was too full. I might sneek some today though:twisted:

Gonna have to try that bread. Steak lokede great and waiting to see the results of the pastrami. Another "to do" item added to the list!

That looks good. Reminds me I'm sitting in an airport and can't stand to eat at them...hold off....hold off...

Pastrami pron updates

Well i could not hold off till Tue. Sliced the Pastrami and it was very good:eek: If you look close in the pics you can see the grain running cross to

each other. Has any body else noticed this ?

Attachments

• 100_0599.JPG
    100_0599.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_0600.JPG
    100_0600.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_0601.JPG
    100_0601.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 105
Well i could not hold off till Tue. Sliced the Pastrami and it was very good:eek: If you look close in the pics you can see the grain running cross to

each other. Has any body else noticed this ?

Update, had the sammies last night ( sorry no pics batts charging) I must say the One part was fantastic, flavorfull and tender, the other part was shoe leather.
In the above pics the piece on the left I seperated, the piece on the right I left whole. In the whole piece you can see a line running between them. The top part was farking shoe leather. The bottom part was heaven. I don't know why this was as this is my first time I ever did a pastrami.
Any of you bros out there know the asnswer???

By the looks of it you got a full packer... I'm thinking of doing some this weekend and I think that I'll split them prior to cooking. The points always seem to need more time....

Pastrami

That is strange is the brisket a full packer, kinda looks like the point and the flat together on the whole piece, but it doesn't seem to make since...my guess would be that the whole was the flat and the point and the flat was tough and point was moist, I've done both the point and the flat and lean towards the point due to the fat content and its more tender

By the looks of it you got a full packer... I'm thinking of doing some this weekend and I think that I'll split them prior to cooking. The points always seem to need more time....

That is strange is the brisket a full packer, kinda looks like the point and the flat together on the whole piece, but it doesn't seem to make since...my guess would be that the whole was the flat and the point and the flat was tough and point was moist, I've done both the point and the flat and lean towards the point due to the fat content and its more tender

I don't know if this was a full packer or not. It was a corned beef I purchased at Sam's club, on the packaging it said Flat!

My wife is gonna kill me I did not seperate the other piece out and she is taking a Sammie to work today Chit:lol:

I don't know if this was a full packer or not. It was a corned beef I purchased at Sam's club, on the packaging it said Flat!

My wife is gonna kill me I did not separate the other piece out and she is taking a Sammie to work today Chit:lol:
FARK!!!! I suggest that you take her out to lunch to save her from it....

Don't toss the tough part! Try steaming the crap out of it- it'll still retain its flavor, and probably be chewable.

Back