Spicy Gochujang Chicken

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
There's a Hot Chicken Throwdown going on, so I decided to make some Spicy Gochujang chicken thighs. The wife had been busy in the garden all morning and was taking a nap, and I wanted to get these in the marinade, so I decided to wing it. Gathered all the necessary ingredients. Not pictured is chopped garlic, sugar, and a couple other spices.

IMG_5285_zpsa2gip2ot.jpg

Learning to cook like the wife, I chopped the peppers and scallion up and put it in the bowl with a little of all the other ingredients. I tasted it and it was pretty damn good with a definite after burn. Wife stumbled out about this time, tasted it, liked it, but added a little a little more Soy Sauce and sugar.

IMG_5287_zpso8bcd4wi.jpg

Into a Ziploc bag and into the fridge.

IMG_5288_zpsa5aazyti.jpg

A couple hours later, time to get one the grill.

IMG_5290_zpsaxvjcdul.jpg

Grilling hot on the WSCG around 350*, elevated to get a more even radiated heat.

IMG_5291_zpss2ae18is.jpg

Starting to get dark. About 30 mins in.

IMG_5292_zpsar0yt6lp.jpg

Let them go 15 mins longer. Should have only been 10 mins. :(

IMG_5293_zpspym6j2su.jpg

Plated.

IMG_5294_zpsjyyrh9nh.jpg

Skin was very crispy, almost too crispy. Meat was tender and so juicy it squirted on me several times when I bit into it. Flavor was good, but did lose a little of the heat. Definitely something I'll make again...

Three for me, two for her, but she put one back and I ate it for lunch the next day. Hey, you snooze, you lose! :mrgreen:

After trying y'all's ribs last weekend I know that is some mighty tasty yardbird there!

Man that looks great! I don't understand the leftover thing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks y'all.

SD, I asked and she doesn't know either. We have an open tub of the gold and a new tub of the red. We just tried a dab of each. Both spicy, fermented peppers. I can tell a difference. It's all good stuff...

Back