Home made turkey injection

Hozman

Take a breath!
Normally I have brined my turkeys but because of work and time issues wont be able to this year. So I have turkeys with 8% solution and want to just inject them.

Like to just make an injection for the turkeys. Anyone do this and if so mind sharing your recipe?

My recipe consists of one jar of Creole butter. Inject in bird, let rest over night in fridge. Cook, slice, eat.

Here is my T-Bird injection for a tasty turkey. I use it every year to rave reviews.

32 oz Mango Juice or Nectar

16 oz Apple Juice

1 large Orange (quartered)

2 oz fresh Ginger (peeled and sliced)

8 oz H2O

3 tablespoons Kosher Salt

2 tablespoons EVOO

Combine all ingredients in pot and bring to a slow boil, let cool slightly and strain and then refrigerate. Inject turkey, refrigerate overnite and let set at room temp 1 hour B4 roasting or smoking.

Normally I have brined my turkeys but because of work and time issues wont be able to this year. So I have turkeys with 8% solution and want to just inject them.

Like to just make an injection for the turkeys. Anyone do this and if so mind sharing your recipe?

I just posted on the exact same question (also with an 8% enhanced bird!). I'd love to hear some more responses too.

Back