THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
While I was in Arizona last November, I wound up stopping in Cottonwood at a place called "Verde Valley Olive Oil Traders".......needless to say, they sell olive oil, but they also had a selection of balsamic vinegars also. I wound up grabbing one that is described as "18 Year Old Traditional". I was amazed at how good this is and could drink the stuff right from the bottle.

The place has a website and I was considering ordering more to restock, but thought I would check here and see if anyone has others they would recommend. Balsamic Vinegar is definitely something that I had never given much thought too and just usually grabbed a bottle of whatever at the grocery store, but my view on that has changed. I am officially a vinegar snob. :shock:

Anybody have a good one they would recommend?

http://www.vvoliveoil.com/

I have no brand loyalty, I do look for the moderately priced traditional Balsamics normally. Out here, most of the higher end grocery stores stock quite a few.

We have a specialty place here that is also really good...and yes...I do drink a shot of the stuff from time to time (it is farking awesome). They are called "The Tasteful Olive".

I use that stuff in and on damn near everything any more.

Check out Balsamic Glaze as well. It is balsamic vinegar reduce to a thick, syrup-like consistency. Great for drizzling over some things for a punch of flavor!:thumb:

It is balsamic vinegar reduce to a thick, syrup-like consistency. Great for drizzling over some things for a punch of flavor!:thumb:

Yeah, I had been making a kind of balsamic french dip kind of thing........don't remember if I got the idea here or somewhere else in the net land, but basically take a chunk o beef, smoke it for a while, wrap in foil with balsamic in it, and take it to a pull/shred temp, pour off the foil juices, defat and into a pan and reduce then pour that back on the beef and a bit in a ramiken for dipping. Damn good eating.

I have a Bottle( almost Gone:sad:) of Acetum 4 leaf Private reserve I got as a Gift two Christmases ago that is Marvelous I will buy more once it is gone.

I get mine from a place called Heavenly Oils in Lee Summit Missouri. They have a web site. Also they have a large selection of flavored oils and vinegars. Coconut vinegar on fish is very good and I like it on vanilla ice cream. Keith

Back