Current OBR Status

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What's the status of the relief efforts? Have they been suspended due to the new storm? Reports on the news say people are being evacuated.

They are still on, latest email I got from Will this morning:

Thank you for volunteering we have a need in Brooklyn, Coney Island and Brick the next few days (today, Thursday through the weekend) . Please let me know if you can help for any of the days or all of the days. We are working on a schedule so please let us know if you can still help out for the days you noted, if not which days can you help? I will compile and send out a schedule today.

--

After talking with Will, it is 3 distinct locations:
1) Coney Island (which is in Brooklyn)
2) 871 Bushwick Avenue (in Brooklyn)
3) Brick, NJ

All I know, the 871 Bushwick Ave location has a Southern Pride from Fast Eddie on site, so they can do 160 butts with ease. They need volunteers to help prep the raw food, package the cooked food, load trucks, etc. The Bushwick location is also a Church and I think Nursing home too, so they have an indoor kitchen to assist with prep and likely a place for those to go inside should the elements get too dangerous outside.

Cousin Ed, not Fast Eddie. He needs a team to cook sides. he has the protein under control.

Brick is the major location right now with several Brethren on site and in route.

Chris is looking for a possible Staten Island site

Jeff Hughes
OBR Director, Western Region Operations

We need a team to go to Coney Island and help Cousin Ed Friday.

We are now shipping food into Staten Island

Thanks-Jeff Hughes
OBR Director, Western States Operations

Got off the phone with Patrick a little while ago, a buddy and I are heading to Brick in the morning to help out. Can't wait to get over there and lend a hand. :thumb:

Does anyone know if they will be setting up anywhere in Staten Island?

ISO: Driver with CDL license to drive a refrigerated truck from PA to Brick, NJ. About 1 hr drive. PM

i would love to help out but im out till next weekend, i can do whatever is needed on 17/18th. if even help is still needed, i have a CDL class A and occasional use of a reefer van (xtnd chevy). and my trailer pit has about 44 2ft of cooking surface both direct and indirect, pm if you guys need me next weekend

Hey Chris, Pat, Mike and I are looking for where we should go to cook this weekend. Any info on the Staten Island site yet? and what about proteins, etc. thanks

working on Historic Richmondtown as a distribution/cooking area. Will have an answer today.

If anyone needs charcoal for cooking Wicked Good Charcoal has donated a pallet. It is located at

The Woodman, LLC
Barry Street (Wood Yard location)
Bronx, New York 10474

Let me know and I'll setup pickup

Thanks LEE!

Modern Propane, 10 minutes from me, has Wicked Lump and propane (of course). Can anyone official tap them for donations? I can pick up
Modern Propane
199 Route 46 (westbound)
PO Box 71
Lodi, New Jersey 07644
(973)778-0812 - main
(973)778-4888 - fax
Email: info@modernpropane.com

Back