First Pig roast with Pics

Mlukewow

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
First time doing a whole pig thanks to everyone for your words of advice.

Big Mike

Attachments

• DSC02245.jpg
    DSC02245.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC02210.jpg
    DSC02210.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC02230.jpg
    DSC02230.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC02241.jpg
    DSC02241.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 277
Lookin' good so far...:p How big was your pig...it looks dwarfed in that huge pit...:eek::lol:

Great work, Mike! What is the brand of pit are you using? It's huge!

Hey Mike, That looks so cruel... so cruel because I can't smell it and eat it.

Way to go Big Fella!

Cheers!

Bill

Big pit for a big boy!
Nice cooking!

One of these days I will have to give a whole hog a try. Looks great.

Awesome! Congrats and glad it well for ya! Looks tasty from here.

That was an 80 pound pig dont know that it would be considered a HOG but it was smaller than Ithought it would be.

With that being said it was a total blast to do it and kinda daunting but I ahve a new respect for whole HOG cookers and will be doing it again.

The pit is a hand made job I bought from a husband and wife catering team here in Oregon out in the Sandy area. He welded it and did it himself, hepassed away a few years ago and I purchased it from her and was one of the last peices of their operation to go. When I hooked it up it brought tears to her eyes to see ehr memories driving away but I ahve stayed in touch with her and showed her pictures of her husbands hard work still feeding the masses and it makes her happy to see it being used regularly.

I LOVE TO Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should name the pit after him. Paint his name on it and send her a picture.

Nice story about the rig,I bet she could use some Que that comes off of it.

That was an 80 pound pig dont know that it would be considered a HOG but it was smaller than Ithought it would be.

With that being said it was a total blast to do it and kinda daunting but I ahve a new respect for whole HOG cookers and will be doing it again.

The pit is a hand made job I bought from a husband and wife catering team here in Oregon out in the Sandy area. He welded it and did it himself, hepassed away a few years ago and I purchased it from her and was one of the last peices of their operation to go. When I hooked it up it brought tears to her eyes to see ehr memories driving away but I ahve stayed in touch with her and showed her pictures of her husbands hard work still feeding the masses and it makes her happy to see it being used regularly.

Very nice story...keep her posted what you're doing with that pit.

youre a good man!

Back