Pizza Smoker

Bellybro

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Friday night Randy and MArla form Ulcer Acres cook team invited us over for Pizza.

They had a couple of pizza stones on the racks of the smoker and fired it up to about 400 degrees.

Had one stone on the top that they didn't cook on but used it to defelect the heat down?

Anyway bought premade crusts from Sam's and had all the ingredients in bowls chopped up and she was making them to order.

They were awesome! I am definitly stealing the OL's stone and using it in the smoker to try this. Also found a wooden paddle and stone in Chef's catalog for about $30.00.

Crawfish pizza was awesome!!!! Kick wouldn't eat it because he said that was bait!

Anyway though it was worth sharing. Something different to do on the smoker!

THey had a huge crowd around their site on Friday night. A definite hit!

You should have told Kick they were "freshwater shrimp."

BTW: my other "Masterbuilt" smoker can easily get up to 400 deg. F. and makes awesome pizza. Assuming I use whole wheat flour, I can actually eat it too.

No stone though; I prefer the grill marks and indents.

Hey! I have a Pizza Stone. I might try that!!

You should have told Kick they were "freshwater shrimp."

Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

I had some of that pizza too and it was good stuff. Would have never thought someone would cook pizza in a smoker, but it worked.

Grilled pizza is great stuff. Never tried crawfish - will do that next. When we do pizza on the grill we usually cook the dough till it starts to puff up and then add the toppings. All meat is cooked before it is added to the pizza. As soon as cheese is melted and crust is slightly browned we take them off.
Check out the flour isle at the grocery store for boxed pizza dough mix. We get it for about .60 a box and two make a very large pizza crust. We rarely go out for pizza since learning to do it on the grill. Good luck. S.Watts

Had grilled Pizza after, I saw Alton Brown (I think) do it, also BBQ-U has a bit on it. Good stuff Maynard

We cook ours on stones from the Pampered Chef Co. and also on an aluminum pizza pan with holes in the bottom. I think the baking stones are superior. I put the dough topped stone over direct heat after the box reaches 400F. Once the dough is starting to bubble and brown, it comes off for addition of sauce, toppings and cheese and is returned to indirect heat (still 400) until cheese is melted and all is piping hot. Man, I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Good luck. S.Watts

Crawfish pizza was awesome!!!! Kick wouldn't eat it because he said that was bait!

Note to self: Gotta figure out how to keep the tomato sauce on the hook..........

S.Watts said:
We cook ours on stones from the Pampered Chef Co. and also on an aluminum pizza pan with holes in the bottom. I think the baking stones are superior. I put the dough topped stone over direct heat after the box reaches 400F. Once the dough is starting to bubble and brown, it comes off for addition of sauce, toppings and cheese and is returned to indirect heat (still 400) until cheese is melted and all is piping hot. Man, I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Good luck. S.Watts
If any one wants items from the Pampered Chef, my wife is a consultant. Each month, they have several deals that are worth checking out. The pizza stones, and other ceramic bar ware are pretty reasonable, and they cook great. If you are interested just PM me, and I can let you know what the specials are. I will also post a message when any stone ware goes on sale.
Noah

I've been baking home made Italian bread on my Weber kettle for years using indirect method with a pizza stone. Great way to make bread in the summertime and not heat up the house. First tried it at a ND football game tailgate party and was a huge success.

I use my bread machine to make pizza dough (found recipe in the manual) and it's great cause you can add all kinds of stuff like cheese or spices or whatever you feel like right into the crust. Really simple, too, just press a button and wait. I always cooked them in the oven, though. Smoking them on a stone sounds great, just like the wood fired ovens the expensive pizza joints use.

I use my cast iron Dutch oven over an open fire to make pizza on camping trips. Same concept as the above postings and it sure is awesome. Just a few coals underneath teh oven and a few on the lid is all it takes.

Back