•Simple Garlic & Rosemary Rustic Leg of Lamb. (pic heavy)

WOW Phrasty,

That's the best looking leg and Q of a leg I've ever seen on this forum... there's only one thing for it!

Ding Ding!
ALFTickofApproval.gif

You're the first awardee for 2011!

Congratulations!

Cheers!

Bill

OK. That's it. I say...The last straw Phrasty. I am smoking some lamb soon. :thumb::thumb: (We did the salmon last weekend)

Wow ..excellent looking grub. Lamb and salmon are two of my favorite foods. Ive always done chops outside though never tried a whole leg. Thanks for posting.

Wow! That looks delicious! I love lamb, but have yet to toss any on the smoker. Grilling chops is about as much as I've done with it. Thanks for the pron!

Wow, I missed this thread. I'm glad Guerry bumped this one.

From start to finish, especially the finished shot of the sliced and plated lamb, one of the best lamb threads I've seen anywhere. Bravo! :clap2:

my boneless leg of lamb turned out wonderful. I didn't even measure the ingredients. I threw them all in a blender, tasted it added a little more rosemary. Smeared and massaged the paste into and all over the lamb, put in a plastic bag, let it set over night. Grilled it on my Traeger until 140 degrees. It was soooooo yummy! Next time I will pull it off at 135. Thanks so much for the wonderful and SIMPLE recipe. It was a success. I was going to smoke it for about an hour and then turn up the grill, but I ran out of time. That will be my next experiment. Thanks for the help.

We had great success too. Just mixed the ingredients to taste and mashed in a morter and pestle then blended in the evoo. We took ours off at 132 and after resting it was perfect. Thanks Phrasty!

Erin, did you take pics?

no pics

I didn't take pics. We didn't get to eat until almost 9 PM that night because of unexpected events earlier in the evening so I didn't have time to make a good presentation. Also, it wasn't as rare as I would have liked. It was the first time I had done a leg of lamb and only my second time with lamb (1st was a sm rack). However, it was still very yummy. I will make it again and take it off at 132 like you did. Did you take pics?

wow phrasty that looks awesome! i cook salmon quite a bit and that was some of the best looking slamon i have seen . it looked super fresh.

would you mind sharing with us how you make your homemade mustard-dill sauce. I love mustard-dill sauce with salmon and am always looking for better ways to make it.

Wow, I missed this thread. I'm glad Guerry bumped this one.

From start to finish, especially the finished shot of the sliced and plated lamb, one of the best lamb threads I've seen anywhere. Bravo! :clap2:

Thanks so much Moose!

my boneless leg of lamb turned out wonderful. I didn't even measure the ingredients. I threw them all in a blender, tasted it added a little more rosemary. Smeared and massaged the paste into and all over the lamb, put in a plastic bag, let it set over night. Grilled it on my Traeger until 140 degrees. It was soooooo yummy! Next time I will pull it off at 135. Thanks so much for the wonderful and SIMPLE recipe. It was a success. I was going to smoke it for about an hour and then turn up the grill, but I ran out of time. That will be my next experiment. Thanks for the help.

This is exactly why I posted this! Lamb is so easy and good when done simply. I'm so happy this turned out great for you Erin! Thanks SO much for sharing! Oh yeah, If you're feeling a bit more experimental with your lamb you can always try this Curried Lamb recipe I did the other day! It's just as good! :thumb::becky:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100983

We had great success too. Just mixed the ingredients to taste and mashed in a morter and pestle then blended in the evoo. We took ours off at 132 and after resting it was perfect. Thanks Phrasty!

Erin, did you take pics?

Brother Guerry, you are most welcome! Your lamb was dynamite! :clap::thumb:

wow phrasty that looks awesome! i cook salmon quite a bit and that was some of the best looking slamon i have seen . it looked super fresh.

would you mind sharing with us how you make your homemade mustard-dill sauce. I love mustard-dill sauce with salmon and am always looking for better ways to make it.

Thanks a lot dealm9, My mustard dill is fairly simple as well, I got this from a close friend of mine... What I do is... & it kinda has to be done to taste cuz the mustards vary quite a bit.

2TB good grainy mustard
1TB sugar (or honey)
1TB red wine vinegar
1 egg yolk
1/2CUP +/- of neutral oil (vegetable or light olive)
1-2TB chopped fresh dill
Salt & Pepper to taste.

You can whisk in the oil slowly to emulsify it but I just use my good ole immersion blender! :wink::thumb::becky:

Thats it! Hope it works out for you.

Cheers.

Back