Got my first ceramic cooker!

Scottydont81

Knows what a fatty is.
Picked up a Vision kamado classic from Eagle Bargin (Costco outlet) for $400. It was a returned to Costco. Had two small chips is the body, I may have caused those moving the grill. One of the side tables has a couple of hair line cracks, no biggie, my neighbor is an amazing woodworker. I also didn't receive a cover, open box return. I registered the grill with Vision since it had never been used and let them know what little defects there was and a day later I received an email with a tracking number. Some great service there! I don't know what I am receiving but we will find out soon. If it is just the cover I will be happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 325
Congrats.:clap: I might be in the market for one. Gotta convince the wife.
Keep us sposted on it buddy. :thumb:

Let us know what comes in the mail! And congrats on a great score!

Just picked up a Kamado Joe heat deflector kit. It is very nice. Going to try my first low and slow on Father's Day, pulled pork and ribs I think. If the package just contains the cover I will be happy. I do plan on sealing the bottom vent better. Two cooks in and it runs like a dream!

Congrats! Prepared to become addicted to cooking on ceramic cookers....

WOW! What a deal! I didnt know Costco had an outlet. I wonder if there is one around me. Hmmm...

WOW! What a deal! I didnt know Costco had an outlet. I wonder if there is one around me. Hmmm...

In Portand Oregon the outlet is called Eagle Bargin. I don't think Costco owns the business. They must ave a contact to buy all the returns and damaged box items. Last summer I got a bag and a half of the Kingsford Competition briquettes for $10. They have quite a few Foodsavers right now but they are all the same model, not sure if the model sucks or people didn't know how to use properly. Everything in the store can be found at Costco, lots of Kirkland branded products.

I wouldnt even know where or what to search to see what kind of outlets are in my area for something like that.

If any one in the DSM Iowa is looking just found this one

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/app/3859375636.html
Thats an Akorn, an insulated metal kamado - I have one and I love it. The sale includes a Pitmaster IQ controller making it a real good deal BUT the Akorn has the original silver color top which is not air tight and the owner needs the original receipt to get a better top from the manufacturer. If it were near me and I didn't have on, I'd buy it :tongue:

Back