THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
I was one of the lucky few to recieve a sample of the Santa Maria style rub from fellow brethren Ryan from The Rub Co. I have been wanting to try this rub and I am very happy I did. The tri-tips were choice from Sams Club.

Tips after seasoning.

050-6.jpg

On the smoker at 275. I finished at 350 for a little reverse sear.

051-2.jpg

My wife made homemade flour tortillas...they were mighty tasty. You can tell by the shape of the tortillas that we have yet to purchase a tortilla press.

057-2.jpg

058-2.jpg

061-2.jpg

My parents were coming for dinner so I had to go medium well with the beef. I figured it would be tough and upseting but it was exceptionally tender and delicious. My pops drank all my beer and ate all my food.

065-1.jpg

070-1.jpg

Taco with some salsa fresca.

078-4.jpg

I absolutely loved the rub. I applied a large amount of the Santa Maria rub and it gave the meat great flavor while letting the beef shine. Perfect balance of salt and black pepper, I would recommend this rub to anyone. Best tri-tip I have made, thanks Ryan!

Looking good. I was lucky enough to get a sample too and will be using it on a ribeye. Was going to make it today but it is thunder storming here.

Back