Biscuits and Gravy - It's a Sausage Thing

High Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I went whole hog (pork.......get it?!) at the grocery store getting ready for the sausage throwdown. I made some Pigs in the Blanket for the kids and it was a big hit.

Pigs in a Blanket Thread

DSC_0121.jpg

After I finished the little piggies, I got serious and did a High Q spin on Biscuits and Gravy. I rolled a can (tube?) of crescent dough and pinched it together to make it one long rectangle. I threw a little Texas BBQ Rub on for good luck.

DSC_0116.jpg

I pan fried some Jimmy Dean Original over the coals on the Smokey Joe, let that cool and layered it on top of the crescent dough.

DSC_0117.jpg

I put some shredded cheddar on top of the crumbled sausage, rolled the dough up into a log and put it in the freezer to chill while I got the Dutch Oven Ready.

DSC_0114-1.jpg

I sliced the crescent dough log into 1" or so slices and cooked them in the Dutch Oven for about 30m.

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

I pulled one of the biscuit, sausage and cheese pinwheels, plated and then hit it with some sawmill gravy.

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

I bagged and froze what didn't get eaten tonight. I'll hit those hard for breakfast tomorrow. Enjoy.

I hate that you thought of this before I did.. I love the cinnamon roll look, and I'm going to steal it, I mean I'm going to make it, too!

We just decided this will be on the table for Christmas brunch. Looks AWESOME!

Love Love Love it, definitely on the list of things to try.. WELL DONE!!!

Great Idea that looks so good, we will be making that soon..

I found this from the throwdown voting thread and just had to say DANG! I know what I'm making this weekend.

I'll post the thread necro so that noone else needs to.

DeadThread.jpg

Marked for later

Thanks for the idea!!!

No thanks for the future heart attack though :wink:

Wow, that's on the bucket list for sure!
Great idea and gotta be delicious.
Any tips on the "sawmill gravy"?

Back