2nd brisket cook, ever with PrOn!

HPD190

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm late with the PrOn, but on Christmas Day I smoked a 12.5 lb brisket, three slabs of baby back ribs, and some Andouille sausage I picked up at a meat market in Houston. The ribs and sausage were excellent, and my brisket finished in about 7 hours. I wrapped with parchment paper at about the 5 hour mark, and held it in a cooler for two hours before slicing! I was very pleased with the tenderness of the brisket and I was again surprised on how much difference a good smoker can make!

I used the Goode Company brisket rub and thought the flavor was very mild. Does anyone have any suggestions on spices to more flavor in the bark?

Attachments

• IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0315.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG0320.jpg
    IMAG0320.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0321.jpg
    IMAG0321.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 234
Look super to me. People usually struggle (including me) at least a few briskets before they get it right but looks like you nailed it. As far as bark flavor, just go a second round a little heavy on spices within your flavor profile excluding salt.

Looks really good. As far as rub suggestions, I really like OakRidge BBQ's Black OPS with Home BBQ Beef Rub as a base layer. Perfect combo and not too salty.

Back