I suppose I ought to introduce myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleJoe

The name is Joe. I'm a BBQing fanatic from NW Ohio. Right now, I do my smokin' on a Brinkman Pitmaster with the necessary mods to help it work right. I hope to have a reverse-flow offset ready by this summer. :D I like my pork and ribs, but to hang with you'ns I'll have to get better at doing brisket. Hey, I know when its good! I'm a native of south Texas and plan to go back when I can cash in my 401 $$$. Look out, I'll be looking for some comps in Texas when I get there.

Little Joe,
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

We cook and Que a little bit of everything here.
Jump in with what you know and learn from the rest.

If you are gonna compete in TX someday--pay attention to the beef threads. TX folks love their beef and don't even allow beans in their chilie.
Go Figure :lol:

TIM

Ain't a thing wrong with pork and ribs! Smoke what you like!
But.............if you ever reach "Brisket nirvana", Well.......I ain't tellin ya, I guess you'll have to find out for yourself! :mrgreen:

Welcome My New Brother!

Greetings! All que is created equal - but some is more equal than others :D Brisket is a benchmark for most of us - but man it is hard to pass up pulled pork, pork loin, ribs, chicken, etc. etc. etc. :D

Heck the FL BBQ Association is looking at adding whole hog to the menu -- now that is a challenge!!

Welcome LittleJoe. Some of us just love to do some friendly teasing around here. The bottom line is that everybody likes things a little differnt, esp. differnt parts of the country. Not a problem. Hell, some folks even like boiled ribs for Christ's sake. But most of us agree that brisket is the gold standard: The toughest thing to get just right.

Welcome from another newbie (relatively speaking...)!

WElcome Joe!!

I'll bet 10-1 that "little" is a euphanism

Greetings! All que is created equal - but some is more equal than others
Animal farm mod!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Joe. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do.

Look out, I'll be looking for some comps in Texas when I get there.

Welcome to the group and for your Comps stop at Harry Hines on your way through Dallas. Just ask Jorge, they know him by first name now.

Welcome. A native of Texas in Ohio! I'll bet you're freezing your frijoles off! I'm planning to move South when I retire too, and I don't live in a place as cold as you are now. Although, it's going to be awhile. You're going to love this place.

Roy

Welcome, Little Joe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back