First Competition as a spectator

Drh7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This is probably in the wrong catagory, but...

Yesterday was my my wife and my anniversary. We went out to eat at a seafood restaurant and while at dinner we got to talking...
So, SHE says we should check out the Swinetastic BBQ contest since it is just an hour away...
Amazing what the little lady comes up with.

I plan on stopping by the brethren sites after crunch time, if we get a chance...

As long as you realize that KCBS competitions aren't a spectator sport you will enjoy the experience. The teams are concentrating on cooking and, generally speaking, you are on the outside looking in.

That being said, it is great seeing the teams and possibly getting to meet several brethren if the timing is right.

I went to one last weekend in Tryon, NC and had a great time. I went on Friday, and really enjoyed walking around and looking at all the different pits people were cooking on. I found everyone real nice. I was there on Friday evening, so most teams were just kind of milling around getting prepared. Everyone looked to be having a great time, and the camaraderie was great. Hope you have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I appreciate the comments guys. I learn a lot watching people and I do not need to be up close and questioning to get something from the experience. I am an inspector at work and I watch people all the time....
I just hope my knee is up to it!

It was nice and my wife had a good time, so that was the #1 priority! It wasn't much different than going to a team shooting competition. I got to meet up with some brethren that I have only spoke with on here and talk with some old friends. Stopped at Fire & Spice and Aporkalypse now's sites. My wife enjoyed the KCBS cooking demo's and Mike from the cooking demo's did a great job. Other than losing my cell phone in the first hour (and getting it back!)it was a nice day.

It was nice and my wife had a good time, so that was the #1 priority! It wasn't much different than going to a team shooting competition. I got to meet up with some brethren that I have only spoke with on here and talk with some old friends. Stopped at Fire & Spice and Aporkalypse now's sites. My wife enjoyed the KCBS cooking demo's and Mike from the cooking demo's did a great job. Other than losing my cell phone in the first hour (and getting it back!)it was a nice day.
Hey, it was a nice day at Swinetastic! We were competing in the "backyard" rib competition and had a great time. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day and a better organized event. Glad you could make it! :-D

Back