THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I am just tired of having the thighs done properly on the turkey and the breast is overcooked so I finally listened to advice and iced the breast for 30 minutes before smoking. Of course, I did a 24 hour brine beforehand as well. Throughout the entire cook, the breast was 10 degrees cooler than the thigh. Perfect!!

For the rub, I used Harry Soo's secret ingredient..... Tang! High sugar content, orange flavor. It came out great. The sugar caramelized beautifully and it had a hint of orange flavor...

Sorry, no pics. Too many people......

I helped my SIL out today. Had her put ice on the the breast before we put it in the oven. Yes, at my brother's house and not smoking equipment. I did put two full breasts on the gasser with apple chips in a smoker box. Those did turn out amazing. I didn't even have to brine those. Glad things worked out for you.

That's the way to do it Marty!

Bucc, I see you like Einstein quotes. One that kinda caught me in college many farking years ago went something like this:
"Common sense are those prejudices acquired prior to the age of 13." Einstein was one remarkable human!!

Bucc, I see you like Einstein quotes. One that kinda caught me in college many farking years ago went something like this:
"Common sense are those prejudices acquired prior to the age of 13." Einstein was one remarkable human!!

Proper use of the word
"AWESOME HUMAN!"
I agree Marty!

Back