THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
With the new Kettle sized trays!

And I am the first to demo them, so I modified the center section of my 22" WSM, added the Weber motor mount and the Rib-O-Lator is ready to roll!

Made a 14" diameter expando charcoal ring (same size as the 18" WSM) for fuel efficiency, emptied a 9lb bag of Stubb's briqs and used Apple and Peach for smoke.

IMG_1628_1.jpg

Pork Loin Back Ribs
IMG_1629_1.jpg

IMG_1630_1.jpg

IMG_1631_1.jpg

I ponder my next move - and fire up the Cajun Bandit and Rib-O-Late some Chicken thighs and legs! Brilliant!

IMG_1634_1.jpg

IMG_1637_1.jpg

IMG_1639_1.jpg

IMG_1641_1.jpg

Back to the Ribs! 3 hours at 250*, then I kicked the temp up to 300* for 45 minutes, and these Baby's are done!

IMG_1640_1.jpg

IMG_1643_1.jpg

IMG_1644_1.jpg

IMG_1645_1.jpg

IMG_1646_1.jpg

Temps were easy to control, even with the spit rod cutouts, the WSM ran rock steady at 250* with 2 vents closed and one open 50%.

I love cooking with the Rib-O-Lator!

I have a Offset stick burner and a UDS. I was thinking of replacing the UDS with the WSM. How do you like yours?

Dude...you NOTCHED it...this is NOT what we discussed...I am apalled...distrought...downhearted...suicidal even...:eek::eek::eek: Nice lookin' grub though...:cool:

Dude...you NOTCHED it...this is NOT what we discussed...I am apalled...distrought...downhearted...suicidal even...:eek::eek::eek: Nice lookin' grub though...:cool:

I debated with the voices in my head and settled on the cutouts. Remember that its the out of round replacement?
Its not like I don't have another center section!:icon_cool

Everythings gonna be alright!:roll:

The 22.5" WSM with the new 22.5" Rib-O-Lator. Thanks for inviting me over for the christening, Brian!

Attachments

• rol wsm 2 (Large).jpg
    rol wsm 2 (Large).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 399
  • rol wsm (Large).jpg
    rol wsm (Large).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
I debated with the voices in my head and settled on the cutouts. Remember that its the out of round replacement?
Its not like I don't have another center section!:icon_cool

Everythings gonna be alright!:roll:

Ok...I'm alright...it's gonna be ok...whew! I feel better now...:cool:

Awesome ribolator pron. Ordered one and a Cajun Bandit on Friday. Can't wait to "give it a whirl".

Rib-O-Lator

Brian---
I'm wondering how the E-Z Que ring would work, instead of the cutouts??
I am reluctant to notch my Cajun Bandit...

Brian---
I'm wondering how the E-Z Que ring would work, instead of the cutouts??
I am reluctant to notch my Cajun Bandit...

Nope- the Weber or EZ-Que ring will NOT fit on the WSM.

But if you have a ring and a Cajun Bandit-what are you waiting for?

IMG_1212.jpg

Nice!! I like it! I figured you'd be the first to slap a ROL on your WSM!!

Those ribs look incredible too! ...woulda liked to see some cut rib pics tho...:biggrin:
What did you use to make the notchs? they look nice & clean!

I'm smoking cheese on my ROL today... too easy.

Back