What's your opinion of this?

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Mods not posted as a for sale just discussion.

3m73o63peZZZZZZZZZ92o2733968ceb7f1454.jpg

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/hsh/1049180643.html

Interesting design, Hard to say from just a picture but looks like it needs to be wider and taller. Coal looks to be too close to grate.

One of tjv's earlier ideas was swing away grates for access to the one below it. As I recall the downside was the counterweight (actually the weight of the counterweight) which was a donut shaped piece of plate that sat atop the fire ring (in a BGE).

I wish this photo was larger....I would be be worried about dribbles on the deck, especially if you turned anything while the grate was swung out.

I recall the story. Ain't never heard of them since.

My immediate response after reading the story posted in the CL listing was what's wrong with my "K" briquettes? Friggin tree hugger. Then they send their productions overseas so they add to the economic frustrations.

Sorry to get political about that. I like the design but isn't it just another hibachi using airflow over the coals to get a temp so you dont need so much fuel? I don't see anything special except that a rack spins out of the side.

I think with your fab skills, it would make some nice ideas for MODing your UDS.

How about you cut a 1/2 way around "door" on the UDS, Weld in some 1/8" steel plate on the sides for some added strength then make your own barrel hinges, fab a second rack and support ring that rotates out with the door?

That's the only MOD i see happening from this one. The tough part for most would be getting such a wide door to seal tightly again because no one here likes to use a cutting wheel on their grinder and would rather use a recip which would cause bending.

Just a quick rant.

Other than that, i like it. LOL!

When you swing out the grill part, wouldnt stuff drip on your shoes?

I just saw this 30 mins before I saw your post. I tried researching the company, but I suspect this product is being closed out because the company never may have made it off the ground. I don't see a company website based on my google search...

Looks interesting, but wish we had some close up pics. FYI, it's also listed on E-bay.

Back