Nashville-ish Hot Chicken Sammich

Heck yeah Sako! Looks spicy enough to curl my hair. lol Looks delicious!

From the knife skills and the stock to the finished product. What's not to like about this post?

Sako, you're a God among mere mortals!

Thanks Yoeri! I'm blushing ba little. :oops:

Yikes!

You and Adams must have iron stomachs! It looks good and I do like spicy but I think this goes beyond "spicy"!

I have half a notion to show this to my oncologist and ask if this is okay... :becky: !

Great cook brother, you always amaze me!

Lol thanks Norm! They have heat levels when they make them here that precipitates your scalp. I went for that and it worked fine. The heat was gradualnsobit wasn't but I tolerate heat well. In other words it wasn't the ridiculous hot where you don't taste nothing but fire. Worked out great and I made it out alright next day.:laugh:

That hot sauce by itself was insane though and I foamed at the mouth trying it. Lol

Great looking cook Sako.

Sandwich doesn't look that hot. :redface:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Lol could've used a little more heat. Lol. Thanks Kevin!

Sako, was looking forward to your take on hot chicken. Truly amazing!

That looks amazing.

One tip that I have recently discovered when it comes to stuff like this and/or chicken tenders. When you have your flour dredge, drizzle some of your buttermilk marinade in there and stir it with a fork. You'll create some big lumps of flour dredge/paste. Those lumps will become the big crunchy pieces that you find on most chicken tenders from a restaurant, etc.

I love me some fried chicken, and I love hot chicken. I wouldn't be able to do this since the wife/kiddo wouldn't eat it that spicy, but looks awesome!

Thanks! I actually did that. Went light but dumped some batter to build up those clumps in the pic. Def thickens up the crust for more of a crunch.

Tell me more about this san-luis hat sauce......mexican style, Louisiana style,........?

Attachments

• 44nNtG1h.jpg
    44nNtG1h.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 80
Wow, that is legit! Most impressed, and you make it look easy! I need to try this.

Job well done Sako... definitely one for your menu.

Well done Sako!

Apart from the ball breaking heat you put in that chicken, I am more impressed with the moistness of the breast after smoking and frying.

i1GRoj0h.jpg

You got this absolutely perfect!

Cheers!

That all looks great! I assume the hot sauce comes with a bullet so you can put yourself out of your misery after eating?

:pound:

Thanks!! Tasting it straight out the bottle sure made me grab my gun but luckily the bullet was fake. :laugh:

Heck yeah Sako! Looks spicy enough to curl my hair. lol Looks delicious!

Now that's funny right there Neighbor. You gave me a an idea of a hot chicken spot that curls your hair naturally. For free! :becky:

Back