Brisket in UDS. Help!

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had my brisket in UDS for 10 hours now. Checked it and the point is "mushy" and the flat is very probe resistant. The internal is at 165-170 now. Should I wrap in foil stick it back in? Or leave it alone. The flat seems really dry is there a reason behind this? Thanks

I'd leave it alone but if your worried about it bring out the foil.

I always wrap mine in foil when it gets to about 165-170. Add a little beef broth when you wrap it and it will add moisture. You have to cook itr till the flat probes like "butta". Usually about 195.

I'd remove the point, wrap the flat in whatever liquid you prefer. Bring it to 200+- remove and let rest in a cooler or cambro for at least an hour. There,s more to it but it's a start.

Is the flat normally dry though at the beginning? At 165 right now it's resistant to put probe in it. And I cut a piece off it's real stringy I guess you'd way and not cut into slices. Make any sense? Sorry this is my first.

did you mark the grain? did you cut across the grain? did you use a water pan? focus rt now on double wrapping and putting in your liquids.

did you mark the grain? did you cut across the grain? did you use a water pan? focus rt now on double wrapping and putting in your liquids.

I double wrapped in foil stuck it back on. But I thought you were supposed to cut against grain?

The point always gets tender before the flat. This is normal. Let it go until the flat is also tender.

The point can fool you, it probes tender quickly, before it is done. Go by the flat probing easily. If you let the point run until the flat is done, the point will often probe a little less tender than it did at 170, this means the fat has rendered, the meat will be better that way.

Back