SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans, Season 2" Throwdown!!! (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

roflmao.gif

Hey HT you owe me a keyboard.
He almost got mine also.

Noobian Cirk has fired his musket

It seems that the Noobian Cirk has fired his musket at the Mighty Farkenaughty Empire so aye have retaliated and gave a round to the hull with me Blunderbuster. ArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGH!

Please accept this Farkenaughty entry for the Veterans.

Ronald McDonald needs to move over because the Spicy Italian Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit has sailed into Pirates Cove for the Summer.

Aye fired up me trusty gasser and loaded me CI Griddle with a fresh patty of Hot Italian Sausage

And Made this,

Please use this as me arrrrrrrficial enty pic.

The complete thread can be found here
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2508633#post2508633

goedendag

Last edited:
Okay, here's another cannon shot from the Farkenaughts.

But first, an appetizer...

picture.php

Okay, now on to the entry, a grilled pork chop. I wonder if it is too late to also enter this into the Pork Chop Special Throwdown. :confused:

One thick bone-in loin chop. Check! Sea salt and black pepper. Check!

picture.php

One hot 18.5 OTG. Check!

picture.php

Served on a bed of garlic and butter rice.

picture.php

One psycho-poodle to clean the plate. Check!

picture.php

Mission accomplished! :becky:

CD

Veteran Cack reporting for duty ... SIR!!!!!

I've spotted noobians trying to come around our 6, and whipped up a special little breakfast torpedo with them in my sites.

Permission to launch?

Copied from the Breakfast TD ...

As soon as I saw the title of this one, I knew I would be entering it. The wife (a.k.a. Mrs. Cack) and I started bouncing around some ideas, and this is what we came up with. Home made cinnamon rolls, smoked scrambled eggs, breakfast kebabs, and breakfast HASH browns with bacon, pork sausage, and pulled pork.

Mrs. Cack has been wanting the cinnamons rolls for weeks/months, so she got to make them :grin:

While she was doing that, I whipped up the breakfast kebabs. I soaked some wood skewers and then layered bacon, ham steak, and sausage link all the way up.

They went on the grill around 350-400 for 45-50 minutes, rotating every 10(ish) minutes.

While I was out cooking, she worked on the kebab sauce.

The cinnamon rolls only needed 30 minutes to cook, so they joined the kebabs after 15 minutes.

I took the cover off of Jessica (my Lang), and saw this little fella ... everyone else gets cute dog points ... what about baby snake points? :laugh:

The cinnamon rolls and kebabs are almost done.

I did the bacon, sausage, eggs, and hash browns on the side burner. I don't have any pictures of the eggs or hash browns cooking, because by the time it was their turn things were coming off the grill and going on the smoker and going over here and going over there, so you get what you get.

The cinnamon rolls came off and the wifey iced them down ...

For the rest of the cook ... http://onenine3bbq.blogspot.com/2013...ally-itll.html

Okay Noobians, brace yourself for another barrage from the SS Farkenaut.

Nothing like some breakfast food for dinner.

I started by dicing up some red potatoes in my handy-dandy dicer thingie.

picture.php

I then put the diced potatoes in an oiled pan, seasoned them, and covered them with some bacon.

picture.php

Then onto the 18.5 OTG indirect to roast.

picture.php

After roasting, I let them cool for a second cook. I diced up the bacon for later use, as well.

I seasoned and grilled a nice breakfast cut of NY strip steak.

picture.php

Next came the eggs... organic free-range eggs. Yes, they are worth the extra money. They flat-out taste better.

picture.php

I sautéed some diced onion in butter and tossed on the diced bacon.

picture.php

Then, on with the eggs, with a splash of organic milk (also worth the extra money, IMO).

picture.php

I deep fried the cooled roasted potatoes, and served them with some grated cheddar. And here is the finished product.

picture.php

I am farking stuffed.

CD

I Netted Dinner!

(Noob) While floating aimlessly at sea I found these in my net:

048a61bbb3cdcf23db37438756bd3998_zpsbdf5ba10.jpg

Two lobster tails and 1.5 pounds of shrimp. Seasoned with butter, lemon, garlic and Tony ChaChere's creole. I fired up the mini-WSM with some Cowboy lump.

22e2dde84cc84b816977890200a701fa_zpsc0ca6cb4.jpg

The first mate prepared long grain wild rice, corn on the cob, and a fresh spinach salad with Dijon bacon vinaigrette dressing.

d87b4e94b3beb34fa54dc9473a27e496_zpse4d1afbc.jpg

(Please accept the bottom photo as my official entry!)
The lobster rocked along with the drawn butter and the entire meal was exceptional. I also made a skewer of shrimp basted in Blues Hog honey mustard that I would cook again!
cd437351e3277b4c8b466c242bfd8127_zpsd378f9cd.jpg

Last edited:
Arrr.. My plans for todays cook was scuttled.I was planning on doing ribs today, but last second I was talked into Brisket. Ever try to find a good brisket at 10pm on a friday night... I think the noobian fleet is buying them up in a coup attempt. So I ended up with a partially trimmed select.

Tenderness was not an issue this time around, I ended up slicing about 1/4" thick just to have it hold togather.

brisket4-1.jpg

Some left over German Potato Salad from last weeks cook, and some Roasted Corn rounded out the meal, to form the Offical entry shot

brisket4-3.jpg

Aye've been thinkin the same thing Guerre. Aye thank you for thinkin about arrrrrgh well bein. Yore grub looks luscious.

farkanaut entry

I got a call from my daughter this afternoon to come over to cook some fish. It was a free fishing day, no license needed, so they went to Diamond Lake and caught about 18 gems. :grin: I havent grilled fish before so this will be a new experience. I would not be cleaning the fish, they would do it.

the catch:
8993782768_3c447f6817_z.jpg

first batch on the grill indirect seasoned with cajun seasoning and basel.
8993784056_bff908370e_z.jpg

nature calls
8993785464_5ae35bdd5e_z.jpg

first ones are flipped while more are added to the upper rack.
8993786778_92abff2ee5_z.jpg

first ones off, I didn't want to overcook
8992600459_1cdf4e0899_z.jpg

the rest are done
8992604503_3ac06c6583_z.jpg

the "fork" shot:-D
8993800612_0e3d9bd603_z.jpg

just right, clean off the bones.
8992611677_e70227ca48_z.jpg

thanks for looking. vote early, vote often.

Back