4hr roundtrip for $300 22.5 WSM?

mykz26

Full Fledged Farker
Been looking for a WSM on CL for a week and finally found one. It's 22.5" model, looks to be in excellent condition, comes with cover, and 50lbs of charcoal. The asking price is $300 and it would be a 4hr roundtrip for me to get it. I'm thinking this is a good deal but also think I can probably get a new one for $300 on sale somewhere in town. What do you guys think, should I jump on that or just wait awhile for a new one. Not like I need it right now it's just the want factor. I only got my first smoker 2 weeks ago and have already picked up a Weber Smokey Joe and Weber One-Touch Silver off of CL. I think I have a problem. But in all seriousness I'll only jump on it if you guys think it's a really good deal.

Been looking for a WSM on CL for a week and finally found one. It's 22.5" model, looks to be in excellent condition, comes with cover, and 50lbs of charcoal. The asking price is $300 and it would be a 4hr roundtrip for me to get it. I'm thinking this is a good deal but also think I can probably get a new one for $300 on sale somewhere in town. What do you guys think, should I jump on that or just wait awhile for a new one. Not like I need it right now it's just the want factor. I only got my first smoker 2 weeks ago and have already picked up a Weber Smokey Joe and Weber One-Touch Silver off of CL. I think I have a problem. But in all seriousness I'll only jump on it if you guys think it's a really good deal.
50 bucks more you get a brand new one with free shipping from amazon..plus with gas the way it is you would prbably burn up more than 50 bucks picking the used one up..at least in Illinois you would :)

I only got my first smoker 2 weeks ago and have already picked up a Weber Smokey Joe and Weber One-Touch Silver off of CL. I think I have a problem.

No, you have a small collection.

Good call passing up that WSM.

Definitely pass it up. Imagine you make the 2 hour drive to get there and a bunch of crap is wrong with it. Then you'd have to make that 2 hour drive back home empty handed. Fark that!

$335 on Sears.com when I looked the other day and if you have a Sears in your town, you can just pick it up there and not pay shipping.

Back