for those of you without RV's or campers

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
where do you go to get some sleep?
we plan on a pop-up, but for now figured the back of an SUV would do. but it seems most comps don't allow cars to stay on-site.
a tent would be first thought, but, even on asphalt?
a motel would be prohibitive for a number of reasons.
any thoughts?

zero gravity chair under your tent.makes for a pretty good sleep

A tarp and a sleeping bag rolled out under the EZ UP. Best part about no RV? Doesn't take 4 hours to get out of the parking lot at load out time.

I use a cot and a sleeping bag placed under one of our canopies. I'm not a back sleeper so using a zero gravity chair isn't a comfortable way for me to sleep.

I have a Zzzzzzero gravity chair and an oversiZzzzzzzed cot, Which I use depends on how hot it is.

When I have been told that my truck can not be in the cooking area, I tell them that it is MY camper. It is where I sleep and keep all of my stuff. At contests where you do not have access to come and go I just make sure that it is in my spot just like everyone else with a camper. Usually when you put it to them like that they seem to take it a little better.

I once had an organizer tell me that having my vehicle in the cooking area was a fire hazard due to it having a gas tank. Well I said that was fine as long as everone with a motor home moved theirs out of their spots as well. He saw it my way. I personally do not understand why I should be punished because I dont have a big camper or motorhome????

Just my $.02

Under the canopy in a chair or in the back of the U-Haul with a back of pellets as a pillow

Attachments

• Sleep.jpg
    Sleep.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 247
Blow up mattress also works great or a beach chair (reclining kind).

I use a cot and a sleeping bag placed under one of our canopies. I'm not a back sleeper so using a zero gravity chair isn't a comfortable way for me to sleep.

I do the same. Although we do have a cargo trailer. I can't sleep sitting in a chair. So I get the cot and Vlad gets his chair (we bring Muskoka chairs) and the kids if they come get their tent.

Blow up mattress also works great or a beach chair (reclining kind).

Yup.

An air mattress under the EZ-up will function pretty much like a tent if you have side walls.

I've also slept in the car. Just be sure to get one of those horseshoe shaped traveling neck pillows.

Lastly...don't laugh but I also bring a sleep/eye mask. Inevitibly somebody will have blinking lights or they'll set up a street lamp right next to your spot.

I have a similar cot from Cabelas and sleep under my canopy. It has worked really well. Lights out at 11, check my smoker at 2, and up at 6. The only problem I have had was people not observing quiet time. The canopy doesn't do much for noise. One idea I have been toying with is airconditioning one of my canopies. I was thinking a portable or window unit rigged with the sides down, might make for a nice environment in the heat- kind of a poor mans RV.

We use a portable ac unit. Our e-z up was a cool 69 degrees in lawrenceburg. When I tried to go back to sleep after starting a fire I wished I had brought a quilt. We also use the zero gravity chairs 50 bucks at wally world

When I have been told that my truck can not be in the cooking area, I tell them that it is MY camper. It is where I sleep and keep all of my stuff. At contests where you do not have access to come and go I just make sure that it is in my spot just like everyone else with a camper. Usually when you put it to them like that they seem to take it a little better.

I once had an organizer tell me that having my vehicle in the cooking area was a fire hazard due to it having a gas tank. Well I said that was fine as long as everone with a motor home moved theirs out of their spots as well. He saw it my way. I personally do not understand why I should be punished because I dont have a big camper or motorhome????

Just my $.02
i agree, my only caveat that i didn't really think of prior is, the vehicle will most likely be locked in. while i don't really have anywhere i can imagine i need to go, but, just sayin'.

outside, on a chair? or a cot?
if i gave you my wife's cell number will you let her know....:mad2:

I hear people really sleep well in those chairs.

DSC04129.jpg

I have a Eureka! brand cot that I setup under one of EZ-Ups. That thing sleeps great!

Are there actually people out there who don't use RV's?:shocked: :p

Back