Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 10th New Holland Summerfest STATE CHAMPIONSHIP New Holland, PA 8/28/2009-8/29/2009

Nice! I had missed that. I think we're bringing a cheesecake for dessert Friday night.

There's a BGE raffle? Don't they usually have some sort of a Meadowcreek drawing? Either way, I'm sure I can get some for you.
Thanks!
Here are the prizes.

Grand Prize - XL Big Green Egg with Azek table & Bull inserts (value over $3100.00)
2nd Prize - Bull Texan Grill
3rd Prize - Meadow Creek BBQ 42 Cooker
4th Prize - Valley View Fire Pot

I don't know where we are going to be. We got moved because someone needed a double spot. Not real happy about that, we loved our spot last year. But it will still be a lot of fun, hopefully the rain holds out and we come even close to the turn out we had last year. That was our best competition.

Dont know if I posted it here yet or not but I will also be here! Planning on pulling in late Thurs night. I called to find out my spot and he didn't know anything except they were putting me far away from Meadow Creek... (I really dont feel I am any competition to those guys) If anything, Im an accessory builder but any-who...

I look forward to hanging out with all you guys!

Is there a Friday night potluck? Can I still get in on one? IDK what to bring if there is a theme please let me know.

Brian it goes by team name so do a dessert ...Smokin Turkey:biggrin:

Hello Summer Fest Competition BBQ Teams!

The Committee for New Holland Summer Fest would like to invite you to participate in our Friday evening covered dish get together, to be held after the Cook's Meeting. The plan is for the event to be held from 9:00-11:00pm in the air-conditioned Judges Room, and will allow for you to visit with other teams and eat good food. Participation is not mandatory.

Based on your team name, we've split the group alphabetically, and are asking each group to bring a different item. If your team name falls between A-H, we're asking you to bring an entree. If you are between I-R, we're asking you to bring a side dish. And if you're in the S-Z category, we're asking you to bring a dessert. If you have any questions about where you fall into the list, please email me. Please also bring a serving utensil if your food item requires it. NHSF will provide paper products and drinks. Food should be delivered to the judges room between 8:30 and 9:00pm, which will allow us time to set up.

We would appreciate if you could let us know if you're bringing an item, that way we know how much food we will have.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me at 567-215-5260.

Thanks,
Amber Grim
NH Summer Fest Committee

Julie - If there happens to be any of that sausage left in your neighbors freezer, bring it and I'll cook it up for lunch or something. Can't wait for a Sledcast update.

Thanks Jules! Can't wait to hang with you guys this weekend! I'll probably have to buy a desert on the way over. I cant make anything and it survive the cargo trailer. lol

Brian it goes by team name so do a dessert ...Smokin Turkey:biggrin:

Hello Summer Fest Competition BBQ Teams!

The Committee for New Holland Summer Fest would like to invite you to participate in our Friday evening covered dish get together, to be held after the Cook's Meeting. The plan is for the event to be held from 9:00-11:00pm in the air-conditioned Judges Room, and will allow for you to visit with other teams and eat good food. Participation is not mandatory.

Based on your team name, we've split the group alphabetically, and are asking each group to bring a different item. If your team name falls between A-H, we're asking you to bring an entree. If you are between I-R, we're asking you to bring a side dish. And if you're in the S-Z category, we're asking you to bring a dessert. If you have any questions about where you fall into the list, please email me. Please also bring a serving utensil if your food item requires it. NHSF will provide paper products and drinks. Food should be delivered to the judges room between 8:30 and 9:00pm, which will allow us time to set up.

We would appreciate if you could let us know if you're bringing an item, that way we know how much food we will have.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me at 567-215-5260.

Thanks,
Amber Grim
NH Summer Fest Committee

I hope this tropic storm avoids us until late day Saturday. The kids are really looking forward to swimming in the pool, not in my site.

weather channel says....

Today
Aug 26

30.gif

Partly Cloudy

85°
66°

0%

85°F

Thu
Aug 27

30.gif

Partly Cloudy

79°
60°

20%

79°F

Fri
Aug 28

11.gif

Few Showers

74°
64°

30%

74°F

Sat
Aug 29

38.gif

Scattered T-Storms

75°
65°

40%

75°F

Good time to be leaving Long Island, though.

Not being from Long Island, is there ever a good time to be leaving Long Island? Whenever I am up there for work, I always seem to get caught in traffic...no matter the time of day or day of the week.

Back