What do you know about Berkel Meat Slicers

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I saw one at a decent price for a good slicer.

I have one and it can slice paper thin. Purchased ir used for under $300.
They go for way over $1000 new. Will last for ever.

I have to disagree on this one. Back when I sold restaurant equipment Berkel was what was left for those who could not afford a better one. That being said I'm talking about a slicer that is used hard everyday. For occasional home use a good cheapo is fine and will last a long time.

I have to disagree on this one. Back when I sold restaurant equipment Berkel was what was left for those who could not afford a better one. That being said I'm talking about a slicer that is used hard everyday. For occasional home use a good cheapo is fine and will last a long time.

I can get a used one for $100.
So you're saying I should snag it?

I once had a old industrial type slicer, I.m sorry I gave it to my Son-In-Law (who sold it :doh:)
Just, make sure that the sharpener is still with the slicer. The one I had the stones were stored under the name plate. If there isn't a way to sharpen the blade, I would pass.

If there isn't a way to sharpen the blade, I would pass.

Actually, you can get a professional to sharpen the blade for you. For home use you'll likely never have to sharpen it again. If you do, it will be a rare occasion.

Back