Small step towards BBQ Business

3 Rivers BBQ

I know this is small potatoes, but it is my potatoes. Just checked my turkeys and temp, texture and appearance look great. I have 10 turkeys being smoked that I have sold to friends and family. I have sold each one for $45 with about $20 in cost. I am happy since, 8 out of 10 came to me asking if I would a smoke turkey for them. The local BBQ places sell turkeys for around $60, so I am saving them money while making money. Seems like I am starting to build a holiday business. Who knows, maybe it will grow, guess it depends on how well the turkeys taste.

Congrats on the recent sales. The word will spread quick if you are putting out good q!!! Good luck in future..

That's pretty cool. And I bet your having fun doin it too. What are ya smokin on?

Congrats I like the way your paying attention and starting slow and small. Best to make a small mistake than a huge one.

Pretty cool, your smoking them on Thanksgiving day? must be good friends that want them.

Might not be staggering sales....YET!....but a lot of success has been attained from humble beginnings.

Wayne

Get the word out christmas is just a few weeks away.

Think of it this way that 250 bucks you didn't have a nice part time job

I know somebody who started off smoking turkeys on a chargriller on his balcony and he now has the Best BBQ in LA. Be careful what you ask for...

I know somebody who started off smoking turkeys on a chargriller on his balcony and he now has the Best BBQ in LA. Be careful what you ask for...

Who's that? I'd love to find some good BBQ on my next trip to LA!

:rolleyes: :wink: :cool:

The birds were 15-16#, all smoked on apple wood, started the smoke at 10pm Wednesday and had folks picking them up at 10am. Did run into boxing oops, so, I had each one in pan and foil each one up. The hardest part was washing the birds up...should have tried to do that earlier. Np pics, but the extra cash works. I hope to get some Christmas orders.

Congrats on the sales.

If you plan to continue, don't forget to protect yourself with the right Ins. coverage.

Good luck for Christmas.

Back