Roasted Garlic Tri Tip

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy...

Somehow i had a craving for one of those nice Tri Tips in my freezer that made their way over the pond from the US.

57_P1050150_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050151_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050152_Small_1.jpg

Since i dont like to overpower a good meats flavour i just used some roasted garlic, EVOO and fleur de sel as seasoning and grilled the Tri Tip on the small Big Green Egg with some Olive Wood.

57_P1050147_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050148_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050149_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050153_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050155_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050165_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050171_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050173_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050178_Small_1.jpg

Heres a pic after letting it rest for 10 Minutes. Those 10 Minutes were propably the longest of my life as the smell was killing me !
icon_evil.gif

57_P1050180_Small_1.jpg

Okay, here we go !
x1.gif

57_P1050182_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050184_Small_1.jpg

Served it with a nice salad with parmesan and cream cheese stuffed cherry peppers. Good eats !
smi5.gif

57_P1050185_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050186_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050191_Small_1.jpg

The flavour and tenderness again was sooo much better than the beef we got over here. Awesome stuff !

So long !
a_cheers.gif

DM

Nicely done, Don. Meat cooked perfectly IMO and great photos as well.:eusa_clap

How did meat make it across the pond and through customs? Thought you could not mail foodstuffs of that nature??

I think I owe you about 1000 thank yous for this and your other posts. That looks so yummy. Also reminds me to check my roasted garlic supply!

How did meat make it across the pond and through customs? Thought you could not mail foodstuffs of that nature??

Theres wholesalers that import the meat over here. Usually its really expensive but a friend of became friends with one of them so... :cool:

One of our team sponsors is a family from argentina who also import prime beef from argentina ( and charcoal, wine and seasonings besides that) so im settled with good beef ad a good price. The US Beef is something different though, especially with the flavours from the fat.

Over here the domestic beef is grown pretty lean and nobody really ages the meat. Customers generally are so stupid that they even ask for the freshest beef. :-?

DM

That looks great. I'm a big fan of roasted garlic and rosemary (which I think I see in there).

Also reminds me to check my roasted garlic supply!

I roast a couple of garlic heads about every week. Just cut the top off, wrap halfway in foil and add some EVOO, salt and Pepper.
Then i usually put it on the egg while it cools after cooking.
After about an hour the garlic is soft and can easily pushed out.

That stuff is good for a million uses ( put on bread with some EVOO and roast that) and holds about a week in the fridge.

DM

I'm a big fan of roasted garlic and rosemary (which I think I see in there).

The salt i used is a sea salt mix from france that comes mixed with some rosemary. Excellent stuff for Beef or Lamb.

DM

Om my... I'm going to be dehydrated from all of the drooling over food pron this morning! Nice job, DM, and thanks for including info on how you seasoned and cooked the meat, not just pics!

DM, I was stationed in Darmstadt back in the mid 90's and my next door neighbor (I lived off post) was a retired butcher and we discussed the beef I would get from the PX and what he was used to. He told me the US beef is grain/corn fed mostly and the fat is white and marbling is better, Europe is mostly grass/natural fed and the fat is grey/off-white and leaner and that changes the flavor.

Almost forgot............good looking tri-tip!!!

I marinate mine with a 1/1 mix of Chaka's and Jack Daniels for 24-48 hrs.

http://chakasmmmproducts.com/

DM once again you leave me speechless with your cooking and photos. You my man have skills!!

Oh man that looks so dang good.. Great job and nice pic's as well.. :lol:

Back