THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sterlingsmoker

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
PictureorVideo447-1.jpg
IMG%5D
a%3E
I am gettin pumped up to throw some turkeys on the smokers
IMG%5D
for Thanksgiving!! Here is a pic of last years bird.

I inject with Tony Chaechere's Creale style butter all over the bird.Rub the bird with oil Shake on some seasoning rub and I Get my WSM up to 350* dome temp throw a chunk of cherry on for smoke and when breast temp is 165* I pull it out and let sit for 15 min or so. I also stuff the bird with sliced oranges,onions and apples before putting on the cooker. Moist and wonderful every time!!

Nice looking bird ya got there. I have PM nd you with address to send. Just kidding. Nice work. Its all good :icon_bigsmil

That is a nice looking bird Terry! I was reading an E-mail from Sausage Maker claiming that larger Turkeys smoke better. I like 12-15 lb birds, how about you?

got a question!!! I'm doing a bird today, and it's been a long time since my one and only turkey test... do you just leave the thing on it's back the whole time it's cooking?

Back