Traeger pellets in an A-Maze-N smoker ?

torg

Found some matches.
:shocked: Does anyone know if Traeger pellets work in the A-Maze-N smoker ? It would save me having to mail order for pellets if I could buy the Traeger pellets locally.

Thanks

I have never tried pellets in mine but you should give it a try and see if it works. All I have used so far is the dust from Amazenproducts.....

Thanks

I will just go ahead and try it. The pellets don't look much different than the ones A-MAZE-N Products sell. If they work....I will report it.

Which model of the A-MAZE-N smoker did you buy? I think they make one that is designed for pellets...

As JM said, it depends on which model you bought. There is one that's specifically designed to burn pellets, plus the dust. The other (older) model only does the dust.

Either way though, you can make dust out of the pellets. Put them in a baking sheet and get them wet. Not sopping wet, but wet. Let them sit overnight and they'll turn into wet saw dust. Spread it out evenly and use a fan, or a slightly warm oven and dry it out. Once it's nice and dry it'll burn just fine in either model of AMNS.

On edit: if the dividing wall in your AMNS has vertical walls, then it's the older model made just for dust. If the walls are shaped like triangles, then it's the newer AMNPS that can handle both pellets and dust.

Last edited:
Back