The new comp trailer

single axel on a 7x14?? did you order it that way for a reason?

Yes, tandem is very hard to move around by hand. Doesn't want to turn.

Space heater using now is a hot oil one that looks like an old hot water radiator. Really does a good job. Spent too many nights freezing my arse off at comps. 2 years ago at about 2:30 am, a big gust of wind picked our popup up about 20-30 feet in the air before we could grab it, took it over the heads of the other teams and right out in the street. That was right after the snow started. We lost a team member that year, he just quit, said he might never thaw out.

Someone asked the price, $5500 without options, $10,500 as it sits.

You mentioned new prep tables.... check out "AB Restaurant Equipment" on ebay. Their member ID is "abreq". I got a 24"x48" stainless prep table, with lower storage shelf for $155 and free shipping. They have lots of sizes and choices.

Looking forward to pics. I have a 6x12 I am using to haul the smoker, tables, tents, etc...thinking about tricking it out to use as well. Only thing is, I'll have to sit at the prep tables, as I cannot stand straight in it, it'a about too 4" short in height..

We all know the pro's to SS tables and FRP wall. Now the downside, they're heavy.

I managed to turn my 24' Haulmark with a net weight of 3750 to nearly 9000 lbs fully loaded. Great trailer while at comps, but it sucked getting it there and back. If I were to do it again, I'd use aluminum for walls and ceiling and stick with the folding tables with large baking sheets to use for prep. Good oil based paints are good too.

But if you want it licensed for vending, check into your local regs.

Is your weight rating 3500 or 5000 lbs with the single axle?

We all know the pro's to SS tables and FRP wall. Now the downside, they're heavy.

Is your weight rating 3500 or 5000 lbs with the single axle?

3500. Keeping weight down was and is a major factor. That is one of the reasons I am using Herculiner bed liner on the floor rather than say the rubber coin mat material or vct, not carring a big water tank onboard, etc. Not that the truck wouldn't pull it, but gas is expensive plus the wear and tear on the tow vehicle. Heck, we started with EZ Ups and a utility trailer and could have continued that way if getting out of the weather wasn't so important. Price of comfort, I guess.

1850 lbs.

We use WSMs so not much weight there. Three 22's, an 18, and a kettle.

Now on the lookout for a stereo tuner with iPod dock. I have speakers that will hang off the trailer drip rail, on a temporary basis while at a comp.

Finished the painting.

b87c9e89f0e795ec5c59fd1d4bd65e11.jpg

Finally got the walls and floor done. Weather hasn't been cooperating. Had to take trailer back for a leak around ac and that set me back some.

Trying out some ideas for prep area but I think we will use it a few times and get a feel for what we want.

Last edited:
Nice setup.

Question about the Herculiner....Is that going to be difficult to clean? I have heard of other people using it also. And I would like to do mine but, I am concerned about the gritty texture and cleaning. Anyone have input? Did it take more than one can?

Thanks

Nice setup.

Question about the Herculiner....Is that going to be difficult to clean? I have heard of other people using it also. And I would like to do mine but, I am concerned about the gritty texture and cleaning. Anyone have input? Did it take more than one can?

Thanks

Don't know about cleaning yet. Plan to just hose it out. I caulked the seams along the edge so floor should be sealed everywhere. I like the texture, keeps you from slipping if feet are wet. What I don't need is to to drop a meat just before turn in!

I bought 2 one gallon kits. Product, brush, and rollers. I could have done it with a gallon plus a quart, but I liked not having to clean the rollers, plus gray isn't as easy to find as black. Ordered from Amazon.

DO NOT
use without adequate ventilation. It is thinned with Xylene, nasty stuff. I wore a respirator, and a good one. Don't just use a dust mask. Took 2 coats and first coat took about 5 hours to dry enough to get on it for second coat, but like I said, weather wasn't that good. You will need 2 coats as instructions state.

By chance where did you pick up that breaker box and cord? what amp is it?

Back