How long will a pork butt stay good in the fridge????

Wager

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
have a bone in pork butt that has been in the freezer since June. it isn't still in the cryo but it was wrapped in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. I'm assuming it is still good but wanted to ask you guys how long pork butts and ribs (got two racks still in the cryo that have been in the freezer since May) will stay good in the freezer?

in the freezer it will easily last over a year and longer. just be careful of freezer burn

It all depends on how it's wrapped, how often you break into your freezer, etc. I've eaten some items that have been in ours for a few years. :becky: With a really light wrapping you do have to be concerned more with freezer burn and might want to trim before cooking.

thanks guys, that's what I was hoping. as for freezer burn, the butt looks pretty good. it was wrapped really tight in two layers of plastic wrap and then three layers of foil so hopefully it will still be in good shape.

Get them out and eat them. Pork doesn't hold up as well as beef does for long periods of time in the deep freeze.

get a vacuum sealer and take the worry out of it. They are worth every penny.

Back