Frog legs Pron

Those legs look real good and I bet they are but I can't help think way back when I was growing up my Dad, Uncle and I would gig frogs all night and my Mom would clean them dredge lightly in seasoned flour and lay them is hot melted lard. So simple but so good and of course it was neat to have friends over that had never had them before and see their faces light up when they hit the hot grease and started jumping around. I have never bought store bought legs but I understand they don't do that after they have been dressed out for awhile, hope I am wrong about that.

Anyway what you have looks real good but I think I would just love to have them the simple, clean, free for the taking and succulent old fashion way.
Dave

That's another to add to the "I've gotta try that" list. Great looking food all the way around.

I bought them from my local butcher. I love frog legs but never had smoked ones before. THEY were AWESOME...... Even those who were ( IM NOT TRYING THOSE) ones tried and liked. made some believers out of them. The bacon helped them and ussually frog legs are greasy these were not. The one thing I will change next time is using thick sliced bacon and not thin.........pig candy aways good.

greasy? I've never had greasy frog legs

Those frog legs look AWSOME! I had my first ones when I was just 5 years old. Since then I have learned to eat anything that doesnt move fast enough. Whatt does move too fast gets shot. Then eaten!

Wholly CHIT!!! LOOKS FARKIN GREAT!!! :eek:
I have not had frog legs in so long I can't remember what they taste like... I used to get burlap bags full of them when I lived in California every summer and had them in the freezer all the time ready for the frying pan. Since I moved to Montana 11 years ago "frog legs" are one of the things I miss. Smoked frog legs w/bacon??? Hummmm... Gonna have to start looking around the stores, none wild here that I have found.

Back