Springfield IL, checking in!

N

NoSwineLeftBehind

Howdy all. I see a few familiar faces here, and thousands of complete strangers! :grin:

I go by 'SquirtTheCat' on some other forums, but "No Swine Left Behind" is our KCBS BBQ team name, and weekend business venture. (my partner and I operate a food truck of sorts)

I started smoking in a little Bradley electric box, graduated to a pair of Pellet Poopers (Traeger and MAK 1 Star), but now we cook in a couple big lump powered beasts. A Peoria Cookers Meat Monster (with competition firebox setup), and our workhorse, "Blue October". We've got a Backwoods Competitor working it's way up from Dixie, LA in a week or two, and our Big Blue smoker will probably go on the market to make room. We'll have to see about that.

Anyway, glad to be aboard!

2013-05-18%252016.20.27.jpg

IMGP2566.JPG

Welcome NoSwine...I have heard of the name before, did you attend the recent Blues & BBQ?

Anyway, welcome, there are great people and a ton of information on the site!

Welcome NoSwine...I have heard of the name before, did you attend the recent Blues & BBQ?

Anyway, welcome, there are great people and a ton of information on the site!

Thanks!

I judged at last year's Blues & BBQ fest, but we didn't participate. We've gotten a few mentions on Sam Madonia's show, and on Sports 101 on Sunday mornings. Some of those guys are becoming regulars at our little place.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back