USA championship

dreed

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thinking of doing this one in March 2010. 100K in prizes with payout to the top 40. Has anyone have any feedback or have participated in a Smoke on Water Production comp?

cold, wet, didn't see the sun the 3 days we were down there... oh yeah and James Stephens hanging around our tent for basically the whole contest. Other then that it was well run, great live music, and made many new friends. New venue this go around and the larger prize pool will for sure have a bunch of people coming this year.

We did Degaque (Smoke on the Water Prod) last year, other than the weather and haulin water, it was well organized.

We've done 4 of the Smoke on the Water contests and all have been very well run. The only problem we've had was the loading in and out last year at Little Rock and that wasn't the fault of the organizer it was just a difficult place to get everyone in and out of.

We have cooked Pine Bluff, Hot Springs, and Little Rock, and Ronnie runs good contests in general. My personal experience has always been ok -- Little Rock last year, was a little touch and go... but I think the venue was not suited for a BBQ contest. So, it was working with what you had - and crappy weather. This year should be better with the new venue.

The themed dinner party was fun though.... I did bring Green River soda for muddy water drinks for all though... OK and some beefs... Which had green jardiniera on it... So I guess I was in the "theme"...

Goo dthing Steph isn't around, or she would be yelling at me...

cold, wet, didn't see the sun the 3 days we were down there... oh yeah and James Stephens hanging around our tent for basically the whole contest. Other then that it was well run, great live music, and made many new friends. New venue this go around and the larger prize pool will for sure have a bunch of people coming this year.

Well, when you guys offered the crab cakes that's all it took:lol: Don't forget about me fixin your your Piglet door Elliot, that was the magic touch that helped produce that 1st. place Brisket:roll:

Well, when you guys offered the crab cakes that's all it took:lol: Don't forget about me fixin your your Piglet door Elliot, that was the magic touch that helped produce that 1st. place Brisket:roll:

I would have to agree, if you didn't fix that door for us it would have been a long drive back to St. Louis.

Thanks All, I think an RV park for a comp is brilliant. Everyone gets their own personal hook-ups.

OC Pig Assassins can you trailer all our equipment, we will fly and meet you there:mrgreen:

The themed dinner party was fun though.... I did bring Green River soda for muddy water drinks for all though... OK and some beefs... Which had green jardiniera on it... So I guess I was in the "theme"...

Goo dthing Steph isn't around, or she would be yelling at me...

The soda was awesome!!!!

don't believe I am going to get to cook in this one, but will come up and check everyone out. Mabye I can find a group to shelter with if it rains...hehehe

Thanks All, I think an RV park for a comp is brilliant. Everyone gets their own personal hook-ups.

OC Pig Assassins can you trailer all our equipment, we will fly and meet you there:mrgreen:

I am thinking about this one too. North East caravan? :p

Back