Work Sharp Ken Onion on sale for $86

Well, I had seen these a long while back, but for the original price just kept using my stone and steel. I just bought one on Mrs Brisket's Amazon account. She will find out tomorrow morning when she checks her email that she has already taken care of my Christmas gift. Just trying to be helpful. I'm sure she will appreciate the gesture!

Lmao.

On a serious note, got lots of old pocket knives, etc and once I get good enough at using it, might even pay for itself using to sharpen knives for family or friends and co-workers.

Mrs. Brisket thanks you for helping her get some gift shopping done!

Bob

Bob, I too have pocket/other knifes from the time I was 8 years on up. Can relate.

This YT vid I found shows some good stuff about the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_09uFzqhT0

Yup, I have some old pocket knives from both my grandfathers. Back in the day, I worked in a grocery store and saw the 3 stone/oil bath set up the butchers used along with the steel. I would take a pocket knife to em, and minutes later, it was razor sharp.
This was perfect for the price and to keep our day to day knives on edge.

I assume I can do scissors on it too? Damn, that alone would be be nice.

Bob

I am using all of my will power to not purchase this. Buy it.. don't buy it..shhheesh the credit card has been getting a good workout lately. :doh:

If you have a Discover card, make sure to activate your 5% cash back on Amazon purchases for this quarter. :wink:

Does anyone know if Amazon Smile works with the affiliate link? That would be great if it does.

Wow...just went to buy another one, just because, and Amazon said "Currently Unavailable."
Bummer...guess I was lucky just to get one, but...
Sooooo...I got the Blade Grinding Attachment instead. Well actually, I was going to get the attachment and another KEWS, but....

Last edited:
I have used mine for two years now and absolutely love it. If you don't have one, I would get one. Even at full price. Just be careful to read the instructions first.

I have used mine for two years now and absolutely love it. If you don't have one, I would get one. Even at full price. Just be careful to read the instructions first.

What he said! In addition there are some extremely long, boring videos on youtube that you don't need to watch so I will give you my tips here:

- Start with the X65 course belts, then X22, then X4. If you buy the replacement belt set off of Amazon they throw in a fourth extra-fine 6000 grit belt that I like a lot.
- You all want to get your knife sharp enough to shave hair, so skip the others settings and go for the 17.5 degree angle.
- Set the speed on slow, but not all the way down or you will be there all night sharpening.
- X65 7 to ten strokes on EACH side 1" per second without alternating. You are creating a burr.
- X22 7 to 10 strokes ALTERNATING sides left and right.
- X4 7 to 10 strokes ALTERNATING sides left and right.
- 6000 7 to ten strokes ALTERNATING sides left and right.
- Use a few passes with a good knife steel after you are finished.
- Allow some time for this activity, especially if you have very dull knifes. 10 strokes on each side for four belts is eighty strokes just for one knife. I started with ten knives and got hand cramps by the time I finished.
- Once your knives are sharpened at the 17.5 angle, it's pretty easy to maintain with just a few passes of the X22 and X4 belts when they start to dull. No need to go back to the X65 IMO.
- Get good at shutting down power at the end of each pass or you will round any straight tips. The belt tends to pull the knife tip.

Enjoy!

Have any of you that got in on the sale price checked your orders?
I ordered mine around 2:15 yesterday, with the free 2 day shipping (Prime customer)and checking just now, it still hasn't shipped.
Hoping they didn't sell out of them. They have already billed my debit card.

Same here, the grinding attachment and strop will be here Wednesday, the WSKO won't be here till Friday. No explanation why the delay with "2 day" shipping. Just guessing, it's coming from China or the Christmas holiday backlog has hit.

I ordered mine yesterday around dinner. It shipped later in the evening. It shows as arrived at an Amazon facility and will arrive tomorrow.

Have any of you that got in on the sale price checked your orders?
I ordered mine around 2:15 yesterday, with the free 2 day shipping (Prime customer)and checking just now, it still hasn't shipped.
Hoping they didn't sell out of them. They have already billed my debit card.

I checked and it said arriving Dec. 12th although no email other than order confirmation.

On edit, as if on cue just got notified it's arriving Dec. 6th.

Ordered mine yesterday. Supposed to arrive on the 5th!

Back