Holding sliced lork loin?

MI Smoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck holding sliced pork loin for vending? I'd like to smoke it, run it thru a deli slicer, and sell sandwiches. Something different to mix in once in awhile, not to mention time savings over pulled pork.

We have done this with pork collars at our restaurant. Let them cool completely before you slice so it doesn't dry out and then we put it in vacuum sealed foods bags with a little liquid. If you don't have a sealer you could probably use plastic wrap, maybe a pound in each pack. Then re- heat slowly, if you can do this on site as needed, even better.

I have not seen slices held in a vending setting, although, plenty of guys do tri-tip, but, they slice on site, either by hand or with a slicer. And they kill on selling product.

If I was going to try it, I agree, with the vacuum packing slices, with some added jus.

if you are going to the trouble of sealing, you might as well slice as you go. It would be easier than trying to open bags. Just cook to 140 and hold there. If you want, you can slice some ahead and hold them in any reserved juices from cooking.

Back