Got KCBS Certified today....

Puppyboy

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Went to KCBS Judge Class today. I thought I was hooked on the Q but these guys were really passionate about it. I loved the class and learned a lot. I can not wait to judge a contest. After getting a little inside info, I am feeling better about cooking in my first comp in two weeks.

You are on the right track!

The class is good, but actually judging is a whole lot more informative.
Try to judge and watch/listening to all the other judges at your table.

We try to mix cooking and judging all year long to learn.

Congratulations!!!!!

TIM

Congratulations!! I will be joining the CBJ ranks in May. I can't wait!

Welcome to the ranks. I've been linin up gigs for the last couple weeks.
Looking at doing BBQlossal,IA State Champs, BBQloo, Up In Smoke and a few others.
ModelMaker

Went to KCBS Judge Class today. I thought I was hooked on the Q but these guys were really passionate about it. I loved the class and learned a lot. I can not wait to judge a contest. After getting a little inside info, I am feeling better about cooking in my first comp in two weeks.

I would be curious to know what number they are at, if you don't mind would you post an idea of where they are at? Wonder how many CBJ's are still alive?

We were told we would receive our numbers in a few weeks with our name tags. As soon as I get it, I will adjust my signature below.

Congrats! You did the right thing becoming a certified judge! It is one of the best things a competitive cooker can do to help themselves.

This is something I've been thinking about attending. I've looked up the closest classes ... but don't see anything mentioning $$$. Is there a fee to attend the Judging Classes?

<Rant begin> And what's up with no North Carolina classes? <End rant>

Congrats... I was supposed to get mine this past weekend but my son's soccer team was in the state championships. I have rescheduled for April 20 in Macclenny. I'm looking forward to it.

Well deserved Congratulations Puppy !!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

This is something I've been thinking about attending. I've looked up the closest classes ... but don't see anything mentioning $$$. Is there a fee to attend the Judging Classes?

It cost me $70 which included a year membership with the KCBS. Yearly dues of $35 (I believe) to maintain your certification.

Look around and see if there are any KCBS contests coming to your area. Just look at the calendar on the KCBS web site (kcbs.us). They sometimes have a judging class preceeding a KCBS event.

Look around and see if there are any KCBS contests coming to your area. Just look at the calendar on the KCBS web site (kcbs.us). They sometimes have a judging class preceeding a KCBS event.

There are a couple of contest scattered around. I was going by what was listed on the KCBS website. Maybe I'll try to find a contest nearby and call the organizer ... see if they'll be offering any judging classes.

Good news and great going.
I figure the more Brethren that become CBJ's in KCBS the better the quality and knowledge will be imparted at any KCBS event.
Congratulations.

Back