***SPECIAL*** Discussion Thread -> "Farking Double Cheeseburger" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Now you're overcomplicating it :becky:

I read it as "Can I make a juicy lucy and have it count as a double?" (highly simplified). In other words, a single stuffed patty. That's not a double.
That! I can't eat a double stuffed since the single stuffed is already constructed from 2 decent sized patties...

Actually, upon further review, it was more like what you just described. It is a single patty created with a stuffing contraption, but of such a size he wanted to "dekonstrookt" it, like say cutting off the edges.

I think that's not a double, but a single all cut up.

So, NOPE!:becky:

But stuffed burgers are still allowed. Maybe make a double, then separate the patties afterwards, one for you, one for the wife?

Deconstruction was only considered if 2 separate patties were required to be presented in the final burger, but I didn't buy the burger stuffer, so they will be separate anyways.

It has to be 2 sepprate patties to be a double..................Dang that's tuff to figure out
:laugh:

Dang....I didn't know double cheeseburgers were so complicated:shock: I might have to re-look at the way I make them. Oh, That's right, Their FARKIN Double Cheeseburgers
Sorry......me bad:oops:

Maybe the rules should have said "Big Mac Style" with a layer of bread or breadlike substance between 2 said patties.........:twitch:

This is my official entry into the Farking Double Cheeseburger Throwdown:

Double Pastrami Implosion Burger w/ Swiss Cheese

This smoked then reverse seared double cheese burger is loaded with pastrami! Two layers of pastrami slices rest upon each juicy burger and implode into it, leaving pastrami shrapnel within. Swiss cheese was chosen because it complements pastrami well. Yes, mustard was included in this sandwich! See build thread for more details: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182787

Served with homemade skin-on kettle potato chips, seasoned with the same rub used on the burgers. Sliced dill pickles on the side. Replace beverage with your beverage of choice.

bef2io.jpg

Build thread:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182787

That will also require about 50 lbs of cheese to make it a double farkin fridge burger :heh:

Well, today was an ice day, so I'm working from home. That means I'll grill 'em up tonight :wink:

Official Entry:

Had too much going on Sunday to actually get pics of any prep, other than cooked bacon.

Shaggy graciously provided me with some pepper bacon he made a while ago.
123D082B-ABA4-4DF4-9D36-C58B96618DA5_zps4q4yo1x6.jpg

So, I baked some fresh buns, made up some patties with 80/20 ground beef. Topped with bacon and Merkt's sharp cheddar. Love Merkt's cause it actually melts. Here's my Double Farkin' Cheddar and Bacon Cheeseburger! Served with Crispy Crowns and a Summit Saga IPA.

Entry pic here.

5A72CDA4-CB20-4050-B103-403D8149587C_zpsnesnc2t3.jpg

I made another farking double cheeseburger, that meets all the criteria of a farking double cheeseburger. I haven't yet decided whether or not I want this to be an entry in the farking double cheeseburger throwdown. It was just fun to do, because this farking double cheeseburger is a bit off the wall, yet oh my goodness did it taste good.

The Double Hot Italian Burger w/ Provolone & Parmesan

All the zesty taste of an Italian Meatball Sandwich, but with the high performance handling of a burger!
Vroooomm!

332rup3.jpg

Build thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182972

Last edited:
Dang there's some really great entries here.

BBQgeekess that looks insanely tasty! :hungry:

Back