Memorial Day Brisket is On!

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
Long day of yard work today......got my pool opened and I have a really nice sun burn to go with it. :oops:

Overnight brisket tonight...........first packer I've tried to cook in a LONG time.

Injected with a rich mixture of "Better Than Bullion" and rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops, with a top rub of SuckleBusters SPG.

On the smoke at 225 overnight with a fire box load of mesquite and hickory chunks for smoke.

rVRuLWah.jpg

KioEz80h.jpg

My plan is to smoke about 8 hours, check it, and wrap to done on the flat with some additional reserved beef sauce.

Once the flat is done, cut the point off, FTC the flat, cube the point, and back on for burnt ends.

Tomorrow will tell the story of well laid plans. :-D

Last edited:
That's a massive unit. It's gonna take several more cocktails to make that thing tender.:mrgreen:

It's looking great so far though.

That's a massive unit. It's gonna take several more cocktails to make that thing tender.:mrgreen:

It's looking great so far though.

I've come to learn from much trial and error that the absolute best que involves a beer or two at a minimum otherwise the BBQ ghods are not appeased.

“sounds like a plan to me......”....I really don’t know who said that first!!

Thanks, all! I was too lazy to post sliced pics after eating, and the week has been a little crazy.

The brisket was over cooked just a tad - too long in the wrap, but it still tasted great.

Not my best brisket, but we enjoyed it. :-D

IKXHuMkh.jpg

Back