THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
For my entry into the Throwdown themed "With a Surprise Inside" I decided to stuff a brie with a greek style smoked lamb burger and grilled fruit.

First I made a 2 1/2 lb. 12" greek lamb burger with shallots, garlic, fresh thyme, rosemary, oregano, black pepper, and salt. I smoked it at 225F for 90 minutes with olive wood chunks.
CookedLambBurger.jpg

I grilled some Bosc pears to accompany the lamb burger.
GrilledPears.jpg

Next I cut a 1kg (2.2 lb) 12" brie wheel in half with dental floss (yeah, I know brie is French not Greek).
CuttingBrieFloss.jpg

On top of the halved brie I added the lamb burger and grilled thin Bosc pear slices.
Pearsonhalfbrie.jpg

Briewheeltopbrieon.jpg

Next I wrapped all in a puff pastry, eggwashed, and put on a 400F grill indirect.
Briewheelcompleteraw.jpg

BrieWheelongrill.jpg

For sides I grilled black pepper and salt seasoned artichokes and apricots marinated in white wine, honey, and brown sugar.
artichokeson.jpg

ApricotsOngrill.jpg

The stuffed cheese wheel came out beautifully golden brown and soft. It was melty, rich and smokey good. The lamb, cheese, and grilled fruit complemented each other perfectly. We served it with grilled apricots, grilled artichokes with lemon aioli, and grilled lemon and rosemary Greek potatoes.
BriewheelSideshot.jpg

Oncesliceout1201.jpg

FinalPlateSide.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my Cheese Wheel with a Surprise Inside.

Wow!!!

Awesome dish and definitely inspirational! :thumb: I'll certainly try some variations on that theme. Pure genius stuffing the brie wheel and wrapping it in puff pastry. What a great canvas for any number of masterpiece dishes! :clap2:

Last edited:
Back