WiredBBQ.com and the Banquet

It seems to me that there are 2 issues here:

1) Whether to allow them to webcast and not others. Well, they were the only ones who asked so I don't see the problem here.

2) Whether their webcast would hurt attendance to the dinner. Once again, a simple solution here: You the rule of blackouts. If the thing sells out, lift the blackout.

Am I missing something? This seems like such a no-brainer.:doh:

If Wired BBQ would like to come to Florida I'll be willing to do a re-enactment of what's happening at the banquet. I've seen it many times and believe my interpretation will be accurate, and way more entertaining.

I'd be willing to contribute to that sponsorship package!:becky:

I was thinking of inviting them to come in and broadcast us getting our awards from our tables but thought that, even though it would be to show up the establishment (like holding open the door! LOL!), it might come across way too arrogant! :laugh: But you guys are invited to the after-party! I sent Tony and email on Saturday.

that would be just "accident'y" leaving the door open... Or maybe they can give me a concealed camera and I can have it in my cooler. Or I mean my bag that I will have...

It was discussed in November and moved for further discussion in executive session. It got passed over there and that's why it ended up on the table in December.

If they passed over it, multiple times, seems pretty pompous then to declare it was brought to the table just too darn late.

I stay out of these fights normally as well, but this is just ridiculous. How can the board say they are looking out for promoting bbq and then not allow a virtually sold out even to be webcasted? Time to wake up from the stone ages.

Use a blackout, x% sold web cast it. Sheesh, slackers.

Seems odd that KCBS wouldn't jump at this. I can't think of a better way to promote BBQ - and it's at no cost.

Last edited:
If Wired BBQ would like to come to Florida I'll be willing to do a re-enactment of what's happening at the banquet. I've seen it many times and believe my interpretation will be accurate, and way more entertaining.

Hmmm, could be fun to come to florida to witness a reinactment :becky:
Esp. if Ray is playing all the roles. LOL

I'm just shocked that there wasn't ONE PERSON on the board who could see through the negativity and vote YES! Gene, after everyone here (who by the way are mostly cooks) has voiced their opinions on this, can you still not see where the board's decision was a bad one for all involved? Can you see no benefit to KCBS in free positive publicity? :confused:

Jeff what surprises me is that Candy was behind getting it, or that was my impression and she too voted against it????

I'm not singling anyone out, Linda... they all screwed the pooch on this one. Candy was the one who carried the torch for the cooks who wanted it.

I believe she abstained
From the Quick Notes:
"Candy Weaver made a motion to approve Wired Barbeque permission to do a live webcast at the Banquet. The motion was seconded by Tana Shupe.

Vote:
0 yes, 10 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to give permission to Wired Barbeque to provide a live webcast, fails.
"

Ok I listened to the meeting
Just couldn't remember how it went exactly

From the Quick Notes:
"Candy Weaver made a motion to approve Wired Barbeque permission to do a live webcast at the Banquet. The motion was seconded by Tana Shupe.

Vote:
0 yes, 10 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to give permission to Wired Barbeque to provide a live webcast, fails.
"
Why would you make a motion then vote against it?

Why would you make a motion then vote against it?
Happens all the time with BOD's. Say a person asks a BOD member to see if they can do something. THere's no discussion or research before it goes on the agenda. Then it's discussed and is obvious that it's not the right thing now.

A BOD member has a responsibility to members to try to bring their concerns before the BOD. However it's much better if the membership writes the entire BOD and asks the issues be considered. Then there's no motion before the discussion.

I doubt the BoD and Staff realized how many folks were hoping to watch this

Back