Canned BBQ'd Pork and Qtons?

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This was the leftover meat from the underground pig...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73481

I had one pan of meat leftover from the pig cookout, so I canned it with some Q sauce.

The meat was a mixture from all parts of the pig. Loin, butt, rib meat... a bit of everything...

033-6-1.jpg

I combined my Q sauces and a quart of vinegar red sauce to go with the meat. Also added red pepper flakes and let it simmer.

027-5-1.jpg

038-5-1.jpg

041-3-1.jpg

Processed in my pressure canner...

047-5-1.jpg

004-12-1.jpg

I'm not sure what to call these, but I filled some wonton skins with the canned Q, smoked cheese and slivers of jalapeno...

010-10-1.jpg

012-10-1.jpg

015-6-1.jpg

and fried til crispy....

026-2-1.jpg

They were tasty!

033-7-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :-D

Jeanie, Jeanie, Jeanie - would you PLEASE put in your thread titles something along the lines of, "Do not open in the middle of the afternoon!"? I'm starving and you're killing me. Those look great!!!!!

Thank you Roxi, Al, Rick and Dan!! I think I could live on these... with a cold beer to wash them down. :-D

Well Cowgirl, you're at it again.....Looks good, real good!.....Can I ask about the vinegar sauce? Is it pretty-much a north carolina style sauce?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

firecrackerjack

Nice fold on the Qtons Doc.!
True art right there!

Just had Asian carryout today with Crab Rangoon. Woulda rather had these.... May I suggest a Chinese beer? (ching dow) I think..

lg_beers_lg.jpg

Jeanie, those look great, I have to try those, they would be a great app to take to a party!

Hey wait a minute, didn't I just see you in the Penalty Box?

Got me one them there press. cooker to do the exact same thing....yours looks good...as usual...

Well Cowgirl, you're at it again.....Looks good, real good!.....Can I ask about the vinegar sauce? Is it pretty-much a north carolina style sauce?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

firecrackerjack

:lol: Jack it was an interesting combination! I combined some Cookie's Q sauce, Bulls Eye, KC masterpiece and some homemade Carolina vinegar sauce... then added some red pepper flakes. I probably couldn't reproduce the same thing if I tried it again. :lol:

Nice fold on the Qtons Doc.!
True art right there!
Thank you Phu!! :wink:

Just had Asian carryout today with Crab Rangoon. Woulda rather had these.... May I suggest a Chinese beer? (ching dow) I think..

lg_beers_lg.jpg

Ash, that looks fantastic! I've never tried an asian beer before...when I get finished with my mexican beers, I'll look for those. Thanks! :-D

Jeanie, those look great, I have to try those, they would be a great app to take to a party!

Hey wait a minute, didn't I just see you in the Penalty Box?

:lol: Yes.... but I was just visiting.... sort of. :redface::lol:
Thanks Aqua!

Got me one them there press. cooker to do the exact same thing....yours looks good...as usual...
Thanks Mark! It turned out pretty tasty, good luck with your canning. :-D

Jeanie, once again you do not fail to amaze me. Those look great as all your meals do.

Jeff

that's incredible!!! I'll take a jar of that! :)

Nice! My wife and I were just talking about canning some leftover PP. Have you ever done it without sauce?

Thank you!!

Dave, I'll get the paperwork right out to you. :-D
Greasepig, Jeff and Mike... Thank you! :wink:
Rich, I've not tried it without. I was afraid the meat would get too dry from overcooking while being processed. When I can raw meat, I do not add liquid but when I can cooked meat, I add broth or some sort of sauce.
If you try it without sauce, let me know how it goes! Thanks!!

Auh-soo baby! Looks dang good Jeanie as always.I guess if you're savin freezer room that would be handy. Got a PC but havn't used it yet. Guess the possibilities are endless. Those look very delicious. Thanks again for your wonderful pron.

Back