Seems to be many different ideas on fire management
water pan content and such

I can call you or you me

I would like to talk to experienced Spicewine Cooks
about what they have discovered using the SW

Seems to be many different ideas on fire management
water pan content and such

I can call you or you me

Hey Thom, as long as you promise to share what others have to say, :)wink:) I will PM you and set up a call for next week sometime.

EDIT: Darn you said 'experienced'

Tried to send you a PM but your mail box is full.

I'm going to be ordering one here in the next month or so. We're gonna be using it for the tailgate parties at the USC games. I have no idea how good a cooker this thing is, so I guess I'll figure it out.

Our main reason for ordering this one is because they look so damn cool, plus we're gonna paint it the same color as the truck its gonna be sittin on.

Oh yeah, guess I don't have 'experience' either.

I'm gonna hire Norco to build me fire box since that lady at SW says they won't do it for you.

Thom aren't you like the west coast rep or something? Maybe I should talk to you instead of calling mizzura...

Putting togethera bulk order now

My son Kyle will be building those Charcoal Mazes also

Sorry Guys the mail box was full

Tom
that is an easy one light the charcoal sit back take it easy sleep or drink some beer and Don't Fu@# with it it will be all right :-D

This thread would also be a great place to discuss "lessons learned".

Share the knowledge.
That is what the Brethren do :lol:

TIM

Flowerpot mod with sand in the water pan. You heard it here first. :)
I have the little sw and love it love it love it.

One thing i do in mine when i am in a hurry to get it up to temps is put a little more then 1/2 of a lit chimney of lump in the empty ash pan. I dont alway do that but it works well in the small. we try all kinds of dumb chit, but sometimes we win, fark ups dont count unless you do it twice.
I call it the Perry Procedure.:wink:

Pre-heat with a weed burner. Use sand in the water pan. I'm considering a Guru too to get 8 or 12 hour burns instead of 3 to 4 hours.

cooked twice yesterday and today
Smoked Tri Tip chicken and hot links for this weks dinners
last night I did a Pork Shoulder
We used the water pan and wsm fire ring
It worked but obviously had to be refilled after a 330 PM start
I was up at 3 am rebuilding the fire
12 hours of heat off the small ring
Once we make charcoal mazes we can extend that

note thats a full pan

Attachments

• med Spice WSM basket.jpg
    med Spice WSM basket.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Med Spicewine doors open.jpg
    Med Spicewine doors open.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Med Spicewine Gold.jpg
    Med Spicewine Gold.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 111
That's a nice pan. I have to say I'm pretty excited to get my new Spicewine to try out what I've learned. I get 12 hours minimum burn on the uds using a large ring and letting it burn outwards. I think with the spicewine you could do it but it would be an even bigger ring.

I know Guy's is a 20 x 20 for a medium large. Square on the bigger ones would be easier to make. An idea for the rebuilding the fire is to have a second basket and fire it up in advance outside. Once lit, just exchange the baskets. Still some work possibly if the temp drops off.

Thom, do you have any pics with the Stoker or Guru attached. Do they sell the adapter kits or do you have to rig something up?

Thom, do you have any pics with the Stoker or Guru attached. Do they sell the adapter kits or do you have to rig something up?

Yea its easy to do Jay just puts the hole in the right place
I am ordering mine out with the Stoker/Guru hole on em

Guys have put bell shaped adaptors on em and used the butterfly door for Stokers
I am told it works just does not look "downtown"

Have not bought my DigiQ II yet, but I had Jay mount the adapter - look right between the intakes - it is standing at attention......
SPICEWINESMOKER005.jpg

Back