THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
I picked up a Creekstone Farms natural black angus tri-tip to compare to a normal select grade tri-tip.
IMG_6360_zps0ed3bc65.jpg

Seasoned them both with some Rub Co Santa Maria rub and put them on the Hasty-Bake with some pinquito beans and some red oak for smoke:
IMG_6369_zps797d8092.jpg

Gave them a little sear to finish & sliced them up after a rest:
IMG_6376_zps165f987d.jpg

IMG_6387_zps34b8b086.jpg

IMG_6389_zpsfbc7246c.jpg

My plate:
IMG_6392_zps7b1f19df.jpg

The tri-tip cook was entered into the Tri-Tip Feast Throwdown finishing up today over at: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171752

Earlier in the morning I cooked a butt on the Large BGE that I'd deboned & butterflied and seasoned with some Oakridge Secret Weapon. Thanks again to KC Mike for the rub! Secret Weapon was tasty & I'm looking forward to other cooks with it.
IMG_6313_zpsb483e049.jpg

IMG_6318_zpsc4f1fa4c.jpg

IMG_6325_zps66c070e2.jpg

First time I've cooked a butterflied butt and it was interesting (fast cook, more bark, and I got some decent chunks & pulled). Here's the pulled pork with a little Big Butz Cranberry sauce mixed in:
IMG_6342_zps2e4bd253.jpg

It was a good day for cooking. Thanks for looking!

food all looks great, as usual.

never thought about cooking a butt that way. how much time does it cut off the cook??

Good thing I topped off before I read this or I'd be on feedin frenzey. :p Where did you get that rack the butt is cookin on?

Good thing I topped off before I read this or I'd be on feedin frenzey. :p Where did you get that rack the butt is cookin on?

i have one like that i purchased at our bge dealer when thew were open.

amazon has them.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Green-Primo-Kamado-Ceramic-Grills/dp/B001EF1SHY"]Amazon.com: V Rib Rack for Big Green Egg, Primo, Kamado Ceramic Grills: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

food all looks great, as usual.

never thought about cooking a butt that way. how much time does it cut off the cook??

Thanks Jason! It started off as a 7 1/2 lb bone-in butt which I'd normally cook in about 7 hours. This one was done in 4 1/2 hrs. I expected it to be faster but not that fast.

Back