How do you decide When to fire up the grill ?

I work a 4 day week away from the family. When I'm home I want to take the kitchen duties on and give my wife a rest. I like to 'Que, so I pretty much fire up the UDS or the kettle 2 days of the 3 I'm normally home, but sometimes all 3 days.
I took last week off for my son's spring break and cooked something outdoors 4 out of 8 days home. It would have been more, but one day the weather was just to wretched to try and start the coals.

I manage to grill outside or smoke, a couple of days a week.

Since I completed my patio cover, (Last year) I grill and smoke in the rain
and sometimes a little later at night too.
I didn't used to think of my patio as a 'Man Cave', but I spend much more time there now.
Even when I don't grill out, I spend more time at our Fire Pit, by the patio, than ever.

If the weather is good and I have the time.

I do a weekly menu plan. I check the weather and family activities to see where I can slot in outdoor cooking when I'm building the menu.

pretty much randomly. wife and I sitting 'round talkin' about what's for dinner and something grilled makes it to the top of the list...

I set out each day to cook on my pit or grill. I go to work before my Wife has to get up and therefore get home way before she does. I usually am the cook in the evenings. She'll call and tell me she set something out to thaw, and my first question is "Do you want me to cook it on the pit?" Luckily she understands my addiction and she is an enabler. Her response is usually "That's fine." LOVE HER!

Back