BBQ NW of Houston

TalonBrew

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Brethren,

I've got to go to Texas tomorrow to take care of my aging dad. Trying to salvage something positive from this trip (probably going to be a little rough), I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for BBQ anywhere between Houston and Temple. I plan on going through College Station, but could detour west if it was worth it.

Thanks for any help.

Keith

Brethren,

I've got to go to Texas tomorrow to take care of my aging dad. Trying to salvage something positive from this trip (probably going to be a little rough), I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for BBQ anywhere between Houston and Temple. I plan on going through College Station, but could detour west if it was worth it.

Thanks for any help.

Keith

you could hit the joints in lockhart but you are talking an hour out of your way. a 1/2 hour out of your way is jerry mikaska's in columbus. the decor is crazy and the foot is great.

Temple is about 40 miles from Louie Mueller Barbecue in Taylor.

You say you plan to go through College Station. From where? From Houston? How are you getting from Colorado to Temple? How does it have you driving through College Station? Knowing your route will help us get you to some good que.

CD

Fat Boys in Temple on Scott blvd was pretty good I haven't been there in about a year. If your driving take 287 out of Limon to i-20 and Tx 36 out of Abilene to us 190 right into Houston on the 610. It's the fastest route. on 36 yo will pass though Hamilton Tx turn right at the traffic light "The Smoke Shack bbq" is at the top of the hill on the left, good brisket & ribs.

Knowing your route will help us get you to some good que.

CD

Sorry, I wasn't really clear.

Flying into IAH then driving up to Temple, via the route that gets us the best Q or breweries... or distilleries.....

Thanks.

Fat Boys in Temple on Scott blvd was pretty good I haven't been there in about a year. ........ on 36 yo will pass though Hamilton Tx turn right at the traffic light "The Smoke Shack bbq" is at the top of the hill on the left, good brisket & ribs.

Thanks, Bludawg. Fat Boys is less than five minutes from Dad's house, and I never knew it was there. I will try it out over the next several days. I'm driving back to Temple (from Colorado) in two weeks and I'll definitely stop in Hamilton.

I appreciate the suggestions, and plan to hit virtually all of them my the end of the month.

Back