5 Pepper Rub

Durzil

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]5 Pepper Rub[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 Tablespoons fresh ground pepper [FONT=&quot](I use a 50/50 blend of white/black and grind it yourself!)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon ancho chili pepper [/FONT][FONT=&quot](sub in generic chili pepper if needed, but try not too)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon chipotle pepper [/FONT][FONT=&quot](try and not leave this out)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon aleppo pepper [/FONT][FONT=&quot](sub in another 1/2 Tablespoon ground pepper and 1/2 Tablespoon ancho chili pepper if needed)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon Hungarian style paprika [/FONT][FONT=&quot](I use half-sharp)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]2 Tablespoons kosher salt [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon Simply Marvelous season all [/FONT][FONT=&quot](substitute 1/2 Tablespoon seasoned salt if needed)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon granulated white sugar[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon ground mustard [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon garlic granules[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 Tablespoon onion granules[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon Ground Cumin Seed[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Measure the ingredients and place them into a small mouth pint jar, then take the bottom off your blender and screw it onto the jar (ensure blade clearance please). Use the blender to mix the ingredients and blend them to a similar consistency. It only takes a few seconds, don't over blend them into powder, you want some coarseness. Seal in the jar and [FONT=&quot]Enjoy :grin:.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sprinkle liberally on anything you wish to add some kick too.[/FONT][/FONT]

If you want to get crazy then add some Habanero Death Dust for some Atomic 6 Pepper Rub!!!

[FONT=&quot]I make tacos and nachos with this all the time. I then take what ever is left over and freeze it and use it in a red sauce later over ravioli's or in spicy spaghetti [FONT=&quot]so it's versatile[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Or if I want a nice peppery bark on [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tri-Tip I use this [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for some real kick.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just thought I'd share the one semi-original rub I use pretty much daily to sprinkle in a little spice to my cooking.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back