Am I Wasting Money?

I don't have any either but I do know that the cast grates last a ton longer than the stock ones...

according to the web page they made of 3/16 mild steel , if you can find someone with a cnc plasma cutter that did custom work ,might get it done cheaper. .

Smokin' Turkey's grates are not cast iron, but they are really farking cool. If I had the disposable income to have one, it would be mine.

My buddy Deez20 has a Chubby Hubby grate from Brian and it is top of the line quality. I have one on the way and can't wait to use it. We used the grate for our last comp and let's just say we took RGC.....It was definately the grate....lol
Well worth the price!!!

ch1.jpg

It look like a simple program for a cnc don't see how some fancy printing on a piece of steel would help a person cooking skills.

The grate joe posted above is the one I have on my egg. Brian did a great job on the logo for me. I don't think you will notice a difference cook wise between this and a cast iron grate but if you want something personalized this is the way to go. One thing I like about the steel grate is I don't really have to worry about it cracking. I had the cast iron grate from BGE and after a couple of uses it cracked in a few locations. Same with the cast iron fire grate in the egg, eventually I would like to get Brian to make me a fire grate from steel and another personalized cooking grate for the mini egg.

Hey! Sorry I havent been taking the time to visit in on the brethren as much as I would like. (too hard on the eyes to read from the iPod) I don't like to get all "advertisey" here but if you'd like to hear more about my business and what I do, I was just interviewed on Greg Rempe's BBQ Central Radio show this week and we covered alot! I'll post the link to where you can listen to it.

Really, I make tons of intricate designs, and on heavy steel. The benefits of going with steel instead of cast are like steve said, same great thermal properties and seasoning characteristics without the worry or cracking. You can drop these, heat them and thrown them in the lake and they will still look and work the same. I heat my up glowing red and burn the stuff off at least once a year. If I don't get to one of my grates for a month or so and some surface rust got on it because it was setting in the rain, I brush it up with the grill brush, heat it and re-cure it with pam or brush on some veggie oil.

The greatest thing I hear from people is that I can make a replacement grate for any pit. I can go 4' x 20' x 1.5" thick. I offer welding handles, grate / griddle options, and design options. If I think you can save money I'll tell you how. If I think we should go to a different material for your specific build, I'll advise that. so it's a little more than just going to walmart and picking something off the shelf but this grate will be something that you buy a new grill for instead of the other way around. :thumb:

(greg's show link for this past weds.)

Brian (aka Smokin Turkey, aka Huntingdon County Customs) does fantastic work and the grates are great!
These things are heavy steel and hold the heat really well. Brush and spray it down with PAM at the end of a cook and your good to go.

It can be as unique and as personalized as you like.

Here's mine prior to use. (Couldn't find a picure right now of it after use.)

GrimReaperGrate800x.jpg

I started working with Rolf from Cast iron grate.com and as soon as I hear back from him, I will be shipping my first load of 30 inserts! Everything from custom grates with your name / website on them to the ABT holder inserts!

The ABT insert is something I would definitely buy. Keep us posted. :cool:

Along with the high quality product he offers, Brian is an asset to have at your chili judging table... made me laugh so hard I had chili come out my nose!

I wish I could give all the compliments to Huntingdon County Customs as the rest of you, but I have had major problems.

I purchased a mini lang in Dec of 2009. It was a custom and after we agreed to specs it was to be delivered in January.

It did not arrive until May after many many e-mails and phone calls.

It arrived damaged as it was only packed in cellophane and cardboard instead of a crate as discussed.

I returned it in person on Memorial Day.

Have not received it yet. Received a message saying that I would need to pay for the repairs.

He still has my $400 dollars. I filed a complaint with PayPal but they said they can not do anything past 30 days.

I have dozens of e-mails to this guy and responses with every excuse in the world.

Just want to make sure you are aware of this prior to making purchases from this company.

Back